Chapter 10 🍝

Namjoon looks just as handsome when he came back down in fitted black jeans, black long sleeves, the leather jacket I first met him in, a light grey scarf, and a khaki anorak. The only thing that stuck out in this gloomy weather and his dark clothing was his pink hair.

Once he gets inside the car Jin takes off to where ever he had planned for us. I finally send the photo to the group chat and hear the guy's phone go off and Namjoon quickly looks down at his phone smiling and SeokJin takes a glance and I notice him biting his lip.

My mouth drops a bit never really seeing him so that before. I suddenly feel shy about my outfit now. "Wow, I can't wait to get to the restaurant to see you without your jacket," Namjoon laughs at SeokJin's remark.

Throughout the ride, we only talked about how it's getting cold, how Namjoon and I still walk around and take busses or trains for rides in this weather, and SeokJin's job which reminded me that his boss is Taehyung's father.

I stay silent after that until we get to the restaurant, I'm still surprised about it, I wonder if I should bring it up during our lunch together.

"Are you okay?" Namjoon asks as Seokjin talks to the waiter to seat us.

"Huh? Oh, I'm just thinking about something," I tell him bitting the inside of my bottom lip.

"What's on your mind?" He asks.

"Come on you two, let's go to our seats," Seokjin calls for us and we follow behind.

SeokJin pulls my seat out for me and scoots me in then goes to his seat, I take off my jacket as they look over the menu, "They have great pasta here, you should try... It," he tells me after looking up from his menu.

"What?" I smile at his little pause.

"You look so gorgeous," he stares at me amazed and I start to feel shy again, feeling my cheeks heat up and my smile widening from his complaint.

After deciding on what to eat and getting our orders taken Namjoon and Seokjin talk about hanging out this weekend, "Yeah Hoseok told me about it before going to his studio. I think it would be fun and a good way for all of us to talk with y/n," Namjoon looks at me.

"Yeah I would like to hang out with all of you together," I smile at them.

"I can't wait for the day to come now," my heart races with excitement seeing he agrees.

"Yeah me too, I miss hanging out with everyone," SeokJin chuckles.

"You know what's funny?" Namjoon asks us.

"What?" I smile at him.

"Sorry hyung but I thought I'd hate you guys, but I don't." He turns to me, "I thought I wouldn't be able to talk to them so easily but look, here I am eating out with you two," He gives us a smile with hopeful eyes, "I'm really glad it was a quick process for us, I care about you guys," he looks back at just me, "especially you y/n," he holds my hand.

Damn it, I hope Namjoon doesn't feel how Jungkook felt where I might disappear out of nowhere again. I smile at him and hold his hand wanting to assure him, I don't think it would be a good time to bring up what Taehyung said, even if I do want to know I should wait at least until we all hang out to know about their pasts.

"Oh yeah, so you said you had something on your mind," Namjoon brings up our convo when we first arrived.

"Oh, what's going on?" Seokjin gives me his attention after sipping some water.

"Oh, um, it was nothing just thinking... about giving my friend a call later," I lie for now to avoid the conversation till later.

"Oh... well it seemed like something deeper," he lets go of my hand as the waiter brings our food, "If it's something you want to talk about I hope you know I'm here too to listen to anything," Namjoon says as the waiters leave.

"Yeah, we would also like to be the ones you call when you have something on your mind," SeokJin adds.

I start to feel bad, they probably think I have a problem and don't feel comfortable enough to tell them yet and only go to Jooheon still but it's not even that. I sigh and take a sip of my wine.

"Sorry guys, you wanted honesty and I didn't even tell you the truth. I'm not thinking of giving Jooheon a call," I confess.

"Then what is it?" SeokJin asks stopping the pasta-covered fork by his lips.

"Taehyung and I had a conversation last night," I start, "And he told me about the time he met Jimin,"

They both look at each other then back at me, "So he told you about how he use to be?" Namjoon asks looking surprised.

I nod and SeokJin eats what's on his fork, "How do you feel about it?" Namjoon asks.

"Well, I was surprised at first. I didn't think he was like that but if you're wondering if I feel different about him I don't," I assure the guys.

"Well that's good, he isn't the same plus back then he was just trying to fit in for his father's sake," SeokJin says.

"Speaking of his dad, I didn't know you were working for his dad," I bring up what I'm most curious about.

Namjoon chokes on his water as SeokJin chokes on his pasta, I gasp and pat both their backs as they try to compose themselves SeokJin being the first, "He told you about his dad?" He looks at me stunned.

"Yeah, he did why is that so surprising?" I ask.

"Excuse me is everything okay?" One of the waiters comes up to us as I still pat Namjoon's back.

"Yes we're fine," SeokJin looks away and thinks then the waiter bows and leaves, "He never brings him up, he told a year after knowing each other about him and his dad," Namjoon says causing me to lift a brow confused.

"Wow, Taehyung has changed a lot," SeokJin whispers to himself, "Well yeah I work for his dad,"

"Is that how you two met?" I ask and he shakes his head.

"Not exactly, I met Taehyung in my third year in college. I didn't know his dad was the owner of the company I was interning with at the time," Tells me looking at his half-eaten plate of food.

"He was still in high school, I was tutoring him then," Namjoon adds.

"You were his tutor?" I look over at him and he nods.

"Yeah, I was close to Jimin because we went to the same cram school. He asked if I could tutor his friend because he was taking a dance class at the time," Namjoon says.

"Dance class? Jimin dances?" I'm just even more dumbfounded as they keep talking.

"You didn't know?" SeokJin asks me.

"Um, not exactly, I never really tried to get to know any of you guys before. So um, it's all pretty surprising hearing all this," I give them a perplexing smile.

SeokJin sighs but smiles, "It's okay sweetie, you don't have to feel all awkward about not knowing something about us. We barely got together, we're in the stages of opening up," He tries to comfort me.

"Yeah! It's just the beginning," Namjoon smiles at me and holds my hand, rubbing the back with his thumb.

SeokJin looks at the time on his watch and sighs again, "Unfortunately I don't have much time to talk more about this," he looks back up at me, "Maybe you and Namjoon can continue without me afterward."

"Yeah let's have our lunch so SeokJin won't go back hungry. I won't be able to tell you about his past though because even though we are close I don't know the full story," Namjoon says.

"It's okay Joonie, I want to know how you all got to know each other from your own stories," I smile at him. After that, he lets go of my hand and we continue to eat.