Chapter 7 🧸

I walk into Taehyung's room for the first time, I look around and notice it's very modern with only whites, dark greys, and dark browns. I was a bit surprised seeing how creative and artsy he is with his photography and clothing style.

White bedsheets and comforter on a low almost looking as the bed is hovering dark brown bed frame, matching dark brown dressers across the room. The only things I see that feels like him are his camera that's laying on top of one dresser, pixie lights over his headboard, a big Elmo bearbrick that really stood out, and a record player on another dresser with two colognes next to it and some cute book holders holding up his records.

He rushes to open his closet and I notice some plushies stuffed in there and giggle a bit, "Don't judge me," He turns around with a big smile, "I love to cuddle in my sleep," he tries to explain the reason for them.

"Wait," he closes his closet door and goes to a dresser, "Here put these on, oh! Or these, wait no! I think you'll look cute with these!" Taehyung hurriedly piles clothes on his bed for me to put on. I sit there at the edge happy seeing how excited he is for me to stay over and sleep in his clothes. It's so cute! I feel like his doll with all these clothes he wants me in.

"Did you want to wash up too?" He asks while looking over the choices.

I blush feeling oddly shy about it, this would be the first time I showered at a man's place that isn't Jooheon's or my ex's. He looks over at me noticing my silence. "Only if you want to babe," He walks over to me, "You do just live down the hall... if you feel more comfortable that way," He kisses my head.

"No if that's the case I won't be able to wear what you want me to wear since I'll be at my place where I have my sleepwear," I brush that thought out of my mind, my mind shouldn't even be bringing him up.

"I'll just take a quick rinse," I say feeling uneasy about that thought and taking another step out of my comfort zone, "Only to rinse the day away and wash my face," but I want to keep pushing myself.

"I'll come in in a bit to give you fresh towels and show you what Jimin uses for his face. He has a lot for you to choose from," He gives me a soft smile and grabs the matching white PJ set with charcoal grey thin vertical strips going down and hands it to me and it's so silky to the touch. Taehyung has great taste in comfy clothing.

He opens his door and walks me down the hall to the bathroom, I walk in and it's exactly as mines but tidier. He stands at the door as I lay the clean clothes on the rack and took my sweater off, I peek over and see him leaning against the door frame with a smirk and his arms crossed, "Shoo," I wave my hand to him with a smile.

"Okay, okay," he chuckles and closes the door, I sigh relieved that they live in the same apartments as me. I love how they modeled these apartments with doors for the washroom, it was really hard to find such a place but I'm glad my school had this one as an option.

.•°❤︎°•.

Taehyung jumps on the left side of the bed and nuzzles his damp hair against my chest and neck, "Hey! Don't dry yourself on me!" I laugh and slick his hair back.

"What time do you have to leave tomorrow?" I ask after we found a comfortable position, him laying on his back, arm under my pillow, me laying my head on his chest and my hand resting close by on his chest as well.

"At 10," He says, "Did you want to leave when I leave? Or did you want to sleep more? You could if you want just make sure to hear the beep when you close the door," He kisses the top of my head.

"I think I'll head out when you leave," I smile and rub his chest as I feel it lift with every breath. "Can we talk about earlier?" I ask.

"Earlier?" He questions me.

"How you said you were raised to be greedy and use to being selfish. I kind of noticed it when I first met you and when I first started working with you," I bite my lip.

"I'm only asking out of curiosity, you don't have to tell me if you don't feel ready," My heart pounds out of nervousness and my stomach starts to twist worried about what he'll say next.

"Oh," He laughs and caresses my hair, "I was taught to be selfish by my mother and to be greedy by my father," He says, "But what's funny is that they were never that themselves,"

"Why's that? Why would they even do that if they never were that way themselves?" I farrow my brows confused about their teachings.

"Well because my family is pretty well off so I guess they were worried for my well-being," He says continuing to pet me.

I look up at him and he has a smile on his face, "Um... can you elaborate that for me?"

"Well, my dad actually owns the company Seokjin hyung works for," Taehyung says nonchalantly.

"What!?" I'm more shocked.

"Yeah?" He laughs a little weird, "He never said anything about working for a friends father?"

"No! He only told me what kind of company it is. Wait a minute..." I think back to the time when we were at the club and he pulled out a black card, "You know what I remember you pulling out a black card when we went out to the club,"

"Wow, so you did see that," He laughs about it, "You know that's something I've never done before, I guess I wanted to show off for you,"

"Why?" I laugh at him for doing such a thing.

"I guess I liked you enough to do something out of character," He laughs along with me then pulls me in closer to snuggle.

"So you're hiding the fact that you have money?" I ask curiously.

"Yeah..." he answered.

I hum while laying my head against his chest trying to think of something else to bring up to break the silence, not because it's awkward but because I sense that he might not want to talk about it.

"I don't like how people act when they find out I have money," He suddenly says.

I look up at him and he looks down at me with a grin and kisses my forehead, "We don't have to talk about it Taehyung, if it's something you're not ready to talk about," I quickly tell him so he doesn't think me humming is me trying to figure out why he doesn't want to talk about it.

"It's okay, I want to. I want to know more about you and your life but how if I haven't even told you anything about me and my life, especially after you told me something deep and personal," He rubs his nose against mine.

"I guess you're right," I lay my head back down, "Well what do you mean by you don't like how they act, how do that act? Fake?" I ask.

"Yeah, I couldn't tell who was being their selves and who was putting on a happy mask to impress me to get money or to get to my father," He continues as I just lay against him listening to everything he wanted to tell me.

"Ever since I found out people were putting up a front only to gain my approval I got a little rebellious with them, my parents, and at school," I glide my fingers down his arm and up to his hand to intertwine his fingers with mines. I want to smile imagining a rebellious Taehyung since so far I've known him as a sweet, genuine, strangely straightforward, and odd-man but I feel this is a sensitive topic to him.

"How did you find out in the first place?" I ask him still holding his hand for his comfort and support before he continues.