It Isn't Over Yet

-Back to Author PoV-

"Oh, I'm very sorry to hear that." Tao apologised.

Namjoon tried to hold in his sniffle. But he can't. He can remember clear as day what happened. All because of him. Because he wasn't careful.

"If only I careful enough. If only I noticed the bullet holes, if only I had been cautious... None of that would've happened. I could've prevented it from happening." Jin patted his shoulder.

"Hey, it's okay. It wasn't your fault." Namjoon nodded. Jin was right. A part of it wasn't his fault.

Namjoon looked back at Jennie, and Baekhyun noticed the look he had on his face and gave a warm smile. "I understand why you would protect Jennie with all you have . It's because you love her, and you're afraid you'd lose another loved one." Baekhyun explained.

Namjoon smiled at Jennie. Her pale face, laying on the bed. Her lips looking like a dead color, and her hair covered some parts of her face. Yet she still looked beautiful as she ever had. Namjoon slightly panicked inside. What if she's dead? She looks dead... But he knows she's strong enough to care that there are still her friends waiting for her.

"Baekhyun... Can you... Heal her?" Namjoon calmly asks. Baekhyun pursed his lips.

-Namjoon PoV-

"Baekhyun... Can you... Heal her?" I calmly asked, waiting patiently for his response. I hope he can. I can see him pursing his lips and reluctantly nodded. It was like, he was unsure if he could do it. "Does your ability have limits?" I asked before he could use his ability. If your power/ability doesn't have limit, it's ok. You can use it all you want. But if you have limit, you only have a limited amount of energy and time to use it before you can rest, like on cool down.

Baekhyun nods, making me feel worried. What if he doesn't have enough energy and time?... That would end in an uncertain ending.

Although he was unsure himself, he managed to form a smile and Xiumin along with Chen from behind them, gave two thumbs up each, maybe for double the luck. I really wish so.

Baekhyun took in air and inhaled deeply. And exhaled longer. He placed his two hands over Jennie, and it glowed to a shade of yellowish gold and white. It glowed over Jennie and it spread across her. Baekhyun was panting at this point, his energy and time is almost up. He stopped and couched, pulling his hands away and coughing continously.

I was worried. "Baekhyun, you can rest" As much as I'd love to scream at him for not trying hard enough, I know Jennie wouldn't want that. I know she doesn't want people to fight. So I let him rest, for now. He can continue later.

I look over my shoulder, and saw Sehun and D.O running and on a rush to get something urgent. I was confused until a few moments they got back and brought, "Are those blood packs?! What are you gonna do with those?!" Rose questioned but ended up shouting and clinging onto Lisa while Lisa furrowed her eyebrows at her.

"Oh... Um actually... 8 of us are vampires. Me(Sehun), D.O, Tao, Kris, Luhan, Baekhyun, Kai, and Xiumin." he explained. "The 8 of us are vampires" He repeated.

"But it's ok. We're good vampires!" Kris quickly suad before any of them becomes scared.

Meanwhile, when they said vampire, Hoseok and Jin were already in a far corner, trembling in fear. Yoongi looked at them lazily. "Oi, you two! Come here!"

"So we got them all in a storage room so we can drink it without going hunting in a long time. We don't like hunting, it feels wrong while we do it and it is. While it's also boring." D.O complained and plopped onto the chair on a corner of the room near the door.

"hmmm... Blood pack sounds so familiar to me. Not the actual blood pack, but I think I've heard about someone... Or a group. I'm sure I'll remember it later" I tapped my chin.

"Anyways, I'm gonna take care of Kai over here" Chen pointed at Kai who was knocked down cold on he floor. I don't give a shit what they do, but I do care about Kai. Even after what he did. Still, he's my best friend. My  bro and comrade. I was slightly enraged by the fact that he told Jackson to protect me, causing his death. And how he treated Jennie. Although those actions may seem unforgivable, I know he has his reasons. Which is why I will talk to him when he wakes up.

"Ok, bring to another room and place him on the bed. Please keep an eye on him. Also, would all of you mind if you could leave? I'd like to be alone with Jennie for a while." I asked, and they, without a thought, nodded and left the room. Leaving me and Jennie.

I sighed and sat beside her, stroking her hair and playing with some strands." You're so precious to me... I don't know what to do if I'd lose you... My mother was right with her words. That one day I would lower my pride. I was young at the time, so I didn't know what she was saying. But now it made sense... She envisioned it. And it was my fault. If I just stayed put like they said, then they would be still here and alive. My father would have been disappointed and would almost endlessly reprimand me. While my mother would be here, comforting me after that"

-Back in the past-

"Stay here Namjoon okay? Me and you're father will just check something then come back. Be good for me, k?" my mother said with a smile and ended with a ruffle on my hair. Like she always does.

"Ok, but mom. I'm a grown man already. I'll be fine" I said back and my parents waved off.

After a few seconds, I got bored and went off walking. "I won't be long out" I made a mental note to himself.

Then, a bunch of guys surrounded me. "Aren't you the son of the female CEO of Kim Industries and CEO of Bighit?" One guy asked. I was scared, afraid. I'm supposed to be a guy who's brave. But dang, they got guns and knives in their pockets.

I unconsciously nod. Then he smirked. "Get him" He ordered. One guy tried to reach to me but a loud, booming and familiar voice echoed through mine, and pretty sure everyone else's, eardrums. I turned around and smiled.

"Come here son" My father said and I ran to them, but widened my eyes to see a bunch of people jump from the roof and shot my mother.

My father gasped and got a hold of his gun, but unfortunately, another was faster and shot him on the head. They continued shooting, and my mother and father fell in front of my own two eyes. Police sirens beamed and all of them ran away. But all I can focus on was my parents' dead bodies that I held. Screaming at the top of my lungs, just like with Jackson. "NOOOO!!! MOMMM!!! DADDD!!!" I could feel the grip of two police men on my but I managed to yank them off me and held my parents tight.

-Back to the present-

"Because of me, my parents are dead. Because of me, my best friend, my comrade is dead. Because of me, Kai is like this. Because of me, you're in this position" I cried.

"I'll protect you no matter what"

I held her face closer to my chest, and whiserped in her ear. "I... Love you"

I pecked her forehead. I wished she could say it back. With her angelic voice, and i wish she'd wake up already, so I can see those hazel brown orbs- huh?

"N-Namjoon?"

---

Hmmm yep.

As usual don't forget to vote and comment!
(maybe add a follow and share?)