"Are you sure you wouldn't rather go home?"

You wanted to shake your head but decided against it cause Kataoka was trying to fix your hair, so instead, you went with a vocal response.

"No, I'm sure."

"Look, you seem like a nice girl so why are you putting up with him?"

"I told you, it will trouble my dad. Our family is not doing well especially with money and status so he'd figure it'd be best if I marry someone who does possess those things." There was more to the story, but you weren't going to push your problems to another person.

The girl behind you sighed.

"Fine. Just don't tell the boss that. I get that you're helping your dad but he'll just think you're using him for your gain."

"My own gain?" You mumbled with knitted eyebrows. From her words, you do recall Karma saying something about how if there is something you want from him, it isn't worth it. "Did the other girls try to use him for something?"

"Of course," Kataoka replied. "He's young, has money, and does have a pretty face. How can he not attract the wrong kinds of girls? Every girl wants to be the boss's princess."

She's right about that. Now you can at least somewhat understand where Karma was coming from but you still don't excuse him for what he did. And you know you're not after anything from him. Something told you that he won't believe you if you were to say that to him. Guess you're just going to have to earn his trust somehow and prove to him you're not after anything. And you most certainly going to tell him the truth as to why you agreed to marry him. You believed he won't take pity on you and wouldn't care what happens to you.

-😈-

After meeting Karma, you wanted to do your very best to avoid the guy, but you knew that it was unavoidable. You knew you were going to have to at least engage in conversation with him 'cause if you didn't, you'll come across as rude and that was one thing you wanted to avoid with this guy. No matter how much you hated it, you had to do your very best to learn to tolerate this guy. He wasn't gonna get rid of you.

Seeing Karma came sooner than you expected, sadly. The day after meeting him he wanted you to be in his office. For what? You don't know. Though, what you do know is that he isn't going to apologize for what he did yesterday. Is he going to make sure you're comfortable in your new home? Don't hold your breath.

You sat across from Karma, silently and awkwardly as he ignored you and played with a Nintendo Switch. Obviously completely ignoring your presence for the time being.

There was another person in the room as well. He... or is he a she...? Anyway, the androgyny person was sitting from the other side of the room, minding his own business and focusing on their tablet.

"You seem bored," Karma commented, pausing his game for once to look at you. "Wanna try playing? If you can beat my high score I won't bother you for the rest of today and tomorrow." The Yakuza boss grinned cheekily. Through his grin, you noticed another feature about him. His two sharp canine teeth that looked more spiked up than your own or anyone else you have ever met.

"I don't like video games," you admit.

It might sound tempting to have him off your back for a little while, but, he is offering you to play a video game. A field you have no knowledge of.

"I'm not asking you if you like video games or not," he rolled his eyes. "I'm asking if you wanna play? And it doesn't have to be with this console, I have plenty of others."