Part 19 (S3)

"Who is that?!" I screamed. "Where's Jim?!" Toby let out a nervous laugh.
"He's.. uhhhh...." I ran to the strange troll, studying its face carefully.
"He's dead?!" I fearfully cried.
"What? No!" Toby exclaimed. "Merlin turned.. him.. into..."
"He did what?!" I burst into the kitchen to see Merlin standing nonchalantly staring at Barbara, while she was trying to hit him with a broom. Strickler struggled to hold her back. Aaarrrgghh punched the outside door open.
"Step back, please," Blinky ordered while coming through.
"How dare you?!" I screamed, bitch-slapping the wizard. I paid no mind to my troll friends. Merlin stumbled back, holding his cheek.
"What was that for?!" He cried.
"What the hell did you do to him?!" I seethed, readying my magic.
"What has happened?" Blinky worriedly came forth.
"Ask the wizard," Barbara growled.
"Uh.. guys?!" Claire nervously called, "he's waking up..." I was the first one to make it to the livingroom.
"Great grumbly gruesome.." Blinky gasped behind me as the new Jim rolled onto his back. The strange troll's eyes opened and he sat up.
"Jim?!" I asked fearfully. "Are you alright?" Some of my accent began to return.
"He's fine," Merlin retorted.
"I didn't ask you," I snarled. I cupped the boy's face in my hand; a tear rolling down my cheek.
"Hey, I'm fine.." Jim quietly assured me, gently wrapping his fingers around my wrist. He had to do a double-take. "Agh!" He jumped back, now standing on the couch, staring wide-eyed at his fingers. "What's wrong with my hand?!"
"Nothing's wrong with your hand," Claire stated. "It's just a little.. meatier." Jim's face twisted in horror.
"In a good way!" Toby exclaimed when he saw this, flashing a smile to try and revive the situation. "It's like you leveled up!" Aaarrrgghh suddenly sniffed around like a puppy, sticking his nose right onto Jim's body. He inhaled deeply and sank back.
"No like.. No like troll Jim!" The brute hopped into the next room.
"It's alright.." I whispered, not taking my eyes off of Jim.
"My elixir transformed our trollhunter into something not quite human and not quite troll," Merlin stated from the kitchen.
"So.. like a changeling?" Toby asked.
"No," Strickler entered, immediately grabbing Jim's face and studying it carefully. "Changelings switch to fully troll to fully human. Jim is.. neither."
"You goddamned idiot!" I yelled at Merlin, unintentionally making my old accent more identifiable.
"Ah, (Y/n). Did my memory spell work on you?" Merlin inquired.
"You are such a jerk, do you know that?!" I cried. "I was quite fine with my new life!"
"But you had a growing sadness--"
"Because I made a huge mistake by breaking up with the one person I truly liked!"
"Key words 'person' and 'liked'..." Jim said softly. I looked over to see him still staring down at his hands. "Look at me now... I'm hideous."
"No..." I reached up and gently took his hands in mine. "You're quite beautiful, now, as well.."
"No.. I'm a troll.."
"Um, hello?" I pointed at my face. "My rebound ex boyfriend guy was a troll."
There was a pause before the Trollhunter leaped over my head and into the kitchen. I watched as he studied his reflection in a toaster. While Claire and Toby tried to help him, I turned my attention to Aaarrrgghh.
"Jim is troll.. like Aaarrrgghh?" He asked me.
"That's right, buddy," I patted his arm as he laughed.
"Jim troll!" The brute paced a few times before running in circles throughout the livingroom. I cautiously walked to Blinky to avoid getting trampled.
"Forgive Aaarrrgghh," the four-armed troll said. "He is... emotional.."
"He's coping in his own way," I explained to Barbara, trying to make her feel better about her livingroom furniture that was now becoming roughed up.
"I'm at a loss. Why would you do this to him?!" Blinky pointed at Merlin in a threatening manner.
"To prepare him for the final battle," the wizard answered obviously. "He is now capable of feats we never thought possible."
"Like what?" Jim asked, looking back.
"We shall see," Merlin retorted. I reeled back to punch him, but was grabbed by the wrist. I calmed myself a bit when I saw that it was Jim.