Part 3 (S3)

I was sitting in my room thinking.
Why did she call me her niece? Am I really her niece? Who am I? Why does that Douxie kid know my name? Why did I agree to do this competition?
I got up, not having slept at all and began getting ready for the day.

I met Jim outside the school gates.
"Uhh.. you gonna make coffee or something?" I pointed at the container of coffee grounds in his hand.
"What? No!" I realized his voice was slightly deeper than usual as he opened the lid to reveal an abundance of purple sand. "Strickler gave it to me. It's supposed to enhance my feral instincts in case Gunmar strikes. Which reminds me, (Y/n), he left Trollmarket apparently. Do you know anything about that?"
"No," I lied, "he was there when I went." That part was true. I didn't like lying to Jim, but I didn't know what else to do. I really didn't want to tell him about Morgana.
"Weird.. Oh well, I guess." The boy shrugged, "I'll see you later." He leaned in and planted a kiss on my lips before leaving for his class. I could feel my face growing red.

(Time Change)

It was about halfway through the day, I was walking with Steve in the hallway to the locker rooms.
"Hey, Champ, your mom has to work late," Coach Lawrence said out of nowhere. Steve sunk in his posture. "What do you say to pizza?" The teacher was very happy.
"Dad-- Coach! I told you not to talk to me in school!" Steve whisper-yelled, annoyed. I started laughing at him.
"I know I'm not your father, but I'd like the chance to be your friend," Coach continued, "come on, bring it in!" He put an arm on Steve's shoulder right as Jim and Toby rounded the corner. I spotted them and cleared my throat loudly. "Jumping jacks! Now! Give me twenty!" Coach Lawrence yelled at Steve in an angry tone. "Uh.. no, fifty!" He winked with a thumbs-up and went back into his classroom.
"Pfft! You called him dad," I laughed. Steve glanced at me before stomping over to Jim and Toby. The two gave scared expressions when they saw him.
"You heard nothing, Lake. Got it?" He growled, pushing them to the sides of the hallway with force. He then walked through them. My eyes landed on the container of magic sand that fell from Jim's hands. It was accidentally kicked by another student into the teacher's lounge. I made my way over to Jim, helping him up.
"You'd better go get that," I told him.
"Oh, great.." he grumbled.
"The teacher's lounge.." Toby observed. "The educational no-fly zone."
"Just cover for me, okay?" Jim said sternly, walking towards the room.
"Jeeze, what's his deal?" I asked.
"No idea. He's been like that since his training with Strickler.." The two of us watched as Jim entered the lounge, unnoticed by the teachers. "Whelp.. I gotta go in there.. catch ya in Gym, (Y/n)!" Toby went over to the doorway and began dancing. "Surprise teacher dance party!" I chuckled to myself before going to change out for Gym.

Short chapter today. I have a ton of homework, but will write a longer one tomorrow!