Part 23

**Possible Trigger Warning: Language, homosexuality, and sexual scenarios may be uncomfortable for some readers**

Well, they talked me into it. I heard a faint 'now' from the top of the mountain, but wasn't sure.
"Did he just say it?" I asked, looking at Claire.
"I said... now!" Jim's voice was heard that time.
"Go-go-go-go!" I yelled frantically as Claire brought us to Gatto. The experience wasn't enjoyable, but I made it through without any magic outbursts.

The gyre brought us back to Trollmarket, where we immediately went to Blinky's library. The current human held up a triangular pyramid called the Kyrosect, gleaming at it.
"So how does it work?" I asked.
"Hmm..." Blinky said, studying it carefully. He pressed a green emerald on the side of the Kyrosect and disappeared. An uneasy feeling washed over me as my eyes flew to the corner where the human now sat, laughing at us. It happened again before I stopped him.
"Wait-- stop!" I put a hand on his shoulder.

(Time Change)

I was walking with Jim during passing time, holding his hand when he suddenly got a phone call. Toby and Claire caught up to us.
"Hm.." He pressed answer, "hello?"
"An infestation!" Bagdwella's voice boomed on the other end.
"Bagdwella?" I asked him and he nodded.
"How did you get my number?" The trollhunter let go of my hand, looking very confused. Claire began to ask him about Angor Rot over the top of his call.
"Claire, he's on the phone," I grabbed her wrist. Toby joined in with her, rambling on about controlling Angor. To top it off, Steve Palchuck came over, criticizing Jim about their Spring Fling challenge. "Guys..." It was like I was invisible.
Well, I knew it would happen sooner or later...
I left them for my next class, and no one noticed. The day progressed until, finally, school was over.

I met up with Jim once more, hoping he was having a better day than me. From the looks of it, he wasn't.
"What happened earlier?" I asked, he seemed to snap out of his trance.
"Oh, nothing... I'm just really stressed! I mean, this morning I slept through my alarm, didn't do my Spanish test, Toby and Claire keep pressuring me about the whole 'Angor Rot' situation, and Steve wants to kick my ass!" The trollhunter admitted, sighing. "Sorry, I shouldn't be unloading all of this on you.." He said, turning away.
"No, sometimes you need to talk," I told him, my fingers lacing his, "I'm here for you." Within that moment, I didn't notice our two other friends coming up to us. They began interrogating the boy about Spring Fling and Angor Rot.
Seriously, guys? You can't just drop it for two fucking seconds?
"Blinky is stuck in Arcadia, and he's turning back into a troll!" Jim interrupted my thoughts.
"My shadow staff's at home, tell him I'll be right there!" Claire said, running straight into traffic. I saw it before she did. A big white semi truck was coming in her direction.
"Claire, wait!" I screamed as the driver slammed on his breaks, about to hit her. Suddenly, she was laying on the ground next to me, and I was sitting. "He used the Kyrosect!" I caught on.
"(Y/n)..." Toby's voice wavered.
"What?" I asked, genuinely scared.
"Your hand..?" My eyes flew to my hand. I saw nothing.
"The other one, you dingus!" Claire shouted. I looked at the other one, and there sat Angor Rot's ring, on my finger. My breath became shaky as I felt her hand rest on my shoulder. Energy seemed to radiate from the ring, giving off gentle vibrations which I got used to after a couple minutes.

(Time Change)

I made my way through Trollmarket, looking for Blinky; I didn't know where else to go after the ring situation. However, something stopped me outside his library.
"Missed you.." Aaarrrgghh's voice sounded in a smoky tone. I peeked my head through the doorway. The former gumm-gumm had Blinkous pressed against the bookshelf, aggressively nuzzling his neck. Their breath increased, as Aaarrrgghh's hands touched Blinkous' body. A stifled groan escaped the Galadrigal's lips, and I couldn't help but let out a gasp when I saw their slight blush and intimate facial expressions. The two trolls suddenly looked in my direction.
"(Y/n), wait! Allow me to explain!" An alarmed Blinky yelled out, pushing Aaarrrgghh. "You see--"
"Aagh!" I screamed in delight, a smile formed on my face. "I knew you two were together!" They looked at each other, then back at me.
"You.. did?" Blinky asked, fidgeting with one of his straps. "What about Master Jim? Or-or Tobias?"
"Oh, no. They don't suspect a thing!" I assured him, "whenever I hinted towards it, they looked at me like I was crazy.." my gaze fell to the floor. "Well, anyways, yay!" I took two of Blinky's hands, my smile growing wider. He looked down curiously.
"By Deya's grace, (y/n)!" The troll gasped, "where did you get that?!"
"Oh, yeah," I remembered, following his gaze to the Inferna Corpula resting on my finger. "Jim used the Kyrosect and it appeared on me.."

(Time Change)

"So, because Angor Rot threatened you, I thought you should be the one to call the shots this time," Jim told me. We were in the library once again, and Blinky was on edge, avoiding eye contact, and not speaking for once.
"Okay.." I replied as the trollhunter took my hand, "I need to think on it to decide.. but I don't want to be alone, for now at least."
"You got it," Jim replied, looking around. "Blinky," he started.
"What?! I-I didn't-- I wasn't--" the troll stuttered.
"Woah, calm down, Blink. I was just going to ask if you'd go with (y/n). I'd go, but training, you know?"