Part 27

Though I didn't agree with Jim on this, he had offered protection to Strickler.
"Are you sure you want to do this?" I asked Jim, letting our teacher inside of the boy's home.
"No," he said, a laugh escaping his mouth, "I just don't know what else to do."
"Hmm.. I do.." I said, playfully running a finger up the trollhunter's arm, coming closer until his back was against the wall.
"(Y/n)?" Strickler asked, surprised.
"What do you want?" I growled.
"N-nothing, I just.. didn't think you and Ji--"
"Well, I didn't think you and Barbara, but look at us now," I snapped. Jim's fingers slipped into mine, allowing me to relax a little. The look of worry in the teacher's eyes caused me to smirk.
"Scared, Strickler?" I taunted.
"I-I am not! I merely am concerned for my life, as you should be with yours," he said, attempting to change the subject.

The changeling soon fell asleep on Jim's couch, and I gave the boy a mischievous grin.
Within moments, we had the man tied to a kitchen chair. I high-fived Jim, and we went into his living room, turning on the TV to The Adventures of Sally-Go-Back.
"So, what are you going to do with him?" I asked, eyeing the impure in the kitchen.
"I don't know.." Jim said, "but I do know this," the boy gently turned my face towards his and kissed me. I pulled back, completely surprised.
"Jim! I'm supposed to do that to you!" I laughed, pretending to be offended. He took my hand and leaned in again, but I pushed a finger to his lips. "No more kisses."
"What? Why?" He asked, doing a fake pout.
"Because you haven't made it official yet, dummy," I retorted, sticking my tounge out at him. The mood became serious and the boy stared into my eyes.
"(Y/n)?" He began.
"What is it, trollhunter?" My voice almost sounded apologetic.
"Um.. I've never actually done this before, but um... would you maybe want to... uh..." he trailed off, looking deep in thought.
"No shit, I want to," I responded, taking both of his hands in mine. Jim leaned in and pressed his lips against mine. They stayed there a couple seconds until I initiated the second kiss. With the third one, my lips opened slightly, begging him to do the same. When he did, my tounge caught his, guiding it as my lips moved hungrily across his.
A few minutes later, I was laying on his couch, him laying further down than me so his head rested on my stomach. I stroked the boy's hair until he fell asleep. My mind couldn't shut off as I lay there, staring at the ceiling.
I haven't seen Angor Rot in a while. I wonder if he knows I have his ring? Does he know I'm not going to kiss him anymore?
My thoughts ate away at my brain until I finally fell asleep around 3:00am.

The smell of eggs cooking in the kitchen woke me up. Before entering, I threw my hair in a bun, hoping no one noticed how crazy my hair was laying. My eyes landed on Strickler, who was eating a bowl of cereal,  eyeing me suspiciously.
"Dude, what is your problem?" I asked him angrily.
"I don't appreciate being tied up." The impure answered, "I know it was your idea, (y/n)."
"Whatever, dumbass." I mumbled before finding Jim at the stove. I wrapped my arms around his waist, burying my face in his back. The boy chuckled before his walkie talkie sounded.
"Warhammer to Trollhunter, do you copy?" Toby's voice came through.
"Oh, hold on a second, let me get that." Jim told me, turning the burner off, and sliding the hot pan onto an empty one.
"Oh, great. The puberty patrol is on the case. I feel sooo safe." Strickler began making snarky comments.
"Shut up, imp." I told him aggressively. He rolled his eyes before they landed on the Inferna Corpula.
"What?" The man reached for my hand, but I swatted it away. "You.. you did this!"
"Hah! Let's just say.. I had a bit more of an.. intimate relationship than you did." I chuckled, touching the ring as it rested on my finger.
"What did you do?" The changeling asked angrily, glaring in my direction while I smirked. At that moment, Draal came upstairs, eyeing Strickler.
"What is the impure doing here?" The troll asked me in a whisper.
"He's a desperate 'damsel in distress,' as it would appear." I replied, hating Strickler's stupid face. Draal gave me a confused look. "What?"
"Why did you refer to.. a 'damsel in distress?' The impure changeling is a ma-- Oh!" he laughed out loud, looking at Strickler. I turned my attention on Jim.
"So, what's happening?" I asked him.
"We're rounding everyone up, so get ready," he told me immediately. The boy's phone began to ring, 'I am Gun Robot. I am Gun Robot. Pick up your phon--' Jim answered.

"Oh.. you're going to be gone all weekend? Sucks, mom." My boyfriend stated, faking a bit of sadness. Within a few minutes, he hung up the phone.
"Fine. I have rocks for brains. Can someone tell me what's so obvious?!" Draal blurted when he noticed us exchanging facial expressions.
"We're gonna hold down the fort," Jim explained, referring to the metaphorical fort.