"You know I love you, right?" I asked, giving him a side-hug. He looked taken aback and I quickly recovered. "As a friend."

   "Oh, of course. I love you too, as a friend." He said quietly, getting lost in his thoughts. I withdrew my arm and sat in front of him with a look of concern.

   "What's wrong?" I asked. He looked up and took a deep breath, looking like he was about something, but just blew out a breath instead. "What's wrong, Nialler?"

   He smiled slightly. "I don't know. I guess I just feel left out." He said finally.

   "What do you mean?"

   "Look around you." He stated, bringing his arm out, gesturing around the room. "I'm just alone in this. And now that Harry has a girlfriend, it looks like I'm the only single one in the group. It kind of sucks knowing there is happiness of that kind and not being able to find it. Like all the lucky ones do."

   I was truly taken aback. I never though Niall felt like that, the odd one out and lonely one yes, but not something as deep as that.

   "Zayn, Niall! I need that cream for dessert!" Liam exclaimed as he rushed out of our kitchen. I smiled at the 'our' part. He wore dark blue jeans, full white converse hi-tops and a fitting black shirt. Keep the drool in, Ms Littlemore. I thought to myself as I travelled my eyes shamelessly over his body, but he was too occupied to notice. Even though he did look incredibly good looking in those clothes, the chef's hat and white apron did not go unnoticed. I burst out laughing and he turned to me, his eyes softening before chuckling with me.

    "Wow." He breathed as he gripped my hips in his large hands and pulled me closer. I briefly heard Niall's phone ring before he left the room to answer it. "You look beautiful."

   I blushed and hid my red cheeks in his shoulder. "Thank you. You look good too." My voice sounding muffled as I mumbled into his shoulder. Everybody laughed, just as the doorbell rang.

   "I got it!" I shouted, leaping away from Liam and to the front door. I heard footsteps behind me, followed by Niall shouting, "Summer, wait I-!" But I had opened the door already.

   I gasped at the disheveled appearance of the girl standing in front of me. I heard a collective of gasps from behind me, before somebody lightly shoved me to the side. She had cuts and bruises, much worse than when I had first met her, and she was clutching her right side with a cringe.

   Niall was in front of Amelia, the cafe waitress from almost six months ago, framing her face and wiping away her tears. "Are you alright, love? What happened?" He asked angrily. I took a step back at the viciousness in his voice and felt a hard chest on my back. I looked up to see Liam with worried and slightly confused eyes. His arms snaked their way around my waist and leant back into his warm body.

   Amelia didn't speak a word, she just shook her head frantically and released a loud sob. Niall pulled her to his chest and she collapsed in his arms willingly. Her loud cries could go unnoticed, the other boys shifted uncomfortably whilst us girls were worried and wanting to help.

   "Niall." I whispered. He looked over his shoulder at me and I said. "Bring her inside, I'll get her freshened up." He nodded and lifted her chin with his finger, whispering something soft into her ear. She looked up for a second in disbelief before letting him take her hand in his. She followed him willingly, and after a reassuring look and a quick kiss from Liam, I trailed behind them.

   I entered the spare bedroom where Niall had situated her and leant against the doorframe. Her silent tears looked as though they were tearing Niall apart and I briefly wondered what made him feel so strongly about this girl. Niall stood and she watched him with wide eyes as he leant down and placed a tender kiss on her forehead. I smiled. I knew the girl that got him would be lucky. He gave her a reassuring smile before letting go of her hand and turning to walk towards me, and the door.