Frain: A Little Kindness ⭐

vampiregirl2131890 Here's Your Request

Freddie grabs onto his guide dog's leash. Fred's been blind since he was five-years-old, he got scarlet fever and it nearly killed him. Thankfully the only effect of his illness was nearly being totally blind, he can faintly make out shapes. Now Freddie is twenty-four, out on his own in the big dark world, he is going to college now and doing something everyone tells him not to do, music.

Freddie decided he was going to be the next big artist. Freddie's lost in thought not noticing his dog telling him to yield he goes crashing into someone. Freddie can feel the warmth of coffee seeping through his shirt and he's sure he heard a laptop crash, "Hey! Watch it!"

Freddie jerks his head in the direction of the voice, "S-Sorry, sir."

There was a silence and Freddie was for sure the man left but he could still hear the breathing, "Sir?"

"I'm Professor Brian May, you're the new blind student?"

"I'm Freddie and my blindness doesn't define me." Freddie hisses going to leave but runs into the fire extinguisher hanging on the wall.

"Come on." Brian says grabbing Freddie's elbow,

Freddie jerks away, "I don't want your pity."

"It's not, pity. You're one of my students, I got to keep you safe."

Freddie huffs, "Fine take me to room C4."

Brian beams, "That's the third floor, my classroom."

"Where's the lift?" Freddie asks letting his dog mainly lead him.

"There isn't one. The university can't afford one."

Freddie sighs and lets Brian pick him up and help with the stairs. It was troubling some as Freddie kept trying to be independent and decline Brian's help. It was like that daily for the two now month after month, Brian was there to help he even brought dog treats along for Freddie guide dog.

It was a year into the semester when Freddie arrived at the university only Brian wasn't there to greet him. Instead it was the teacher from the auto mechanics class his name is Roger Taylor and he always had oil stained hands and he smelled like cars. It was hard to describe him but the only thing Freddie could think of was a petrol station.

Freddie grimaces when Roger's filth covered hands grab his wrist gripping onto the jacket that was brown which Freddie wouldn't really know, "Where's Brian?"

"Huh?"

"Brian?" Freddie asks, "Professor May?"

"He's running late today. Don't worry." Roger says dragging him further along letting Freddie trip up the stairs,

"Where are you taking me?" Freddie asks, jerking and pulling away.

"To Brian's classroom."

Freddie touches the railing, "This isn't the third floor."

"Shut up. I know where we're going." Roger snarks, "Who's the blind one here?"

Freddie jerks away, his guide dog has been barking and jerking away the entire time. Freddie realized the guard rail wasn't broken, it was fully intact, and it was bumpy or lumpy either, Freddie had his hand on the railing the entire time. Somehow his guide dog leads him the right way, and he makes it to Brian's class in one piece.

Brian is horrified once Freddie tells him what Roger did and Brian vows to never trust Roger with Freddie ever again. The next Brian isn't shown up the religious teacher Father John Deacon takes him to Brian's room without a problem. John takes the time to keep Freddie company as his other classmates seemingly ignore him.