༻𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬༺

─━════⊰⊱ ◈ ⊰⊱════━─

─━════⊰⊱ ⊰⊱════━─

In silence, both sat down.

Jieun narrowed her gaze at Jungkook to have his approval for the dinner to be served. He ignored her, ordering himself. She joined her brows, knowing that according to Haeji, the woman was the one who led the entry of dishes.

"I'm used to conducting dinner, and I prefer to keep things as they were," Jungkook said coldly, without having to look at her to know what she was thinking.

For days, Jieun had the impression that Jungkook had been avoiding looking at her. It could be relieving in some way, but also not a good point in favor considering the number of questions and doubts she had stuck in her throat.

The silence for her was an enemy there. She stared occasionally at the figure of her husband, at the tired and sunken eyes, but still emanating the powerful air he had acquired as he took the fork in a very disinterested way. It was only when he reached out to grab the bottle of wine that he looked up and found her staring.

His gaze quickly darted around, brows furrowing.

"Did you change things on the table?"

"Yes."

"Why?" he asked, showing he wasn't happy about it.

"Because it'd be fair since you are no longer the only one using it."

Jungkook scoffed, not finding her justification plausible.

"Fair?" he spat. "Do you really think I care what is fair? This is my home, and you're not going to change it even if you have the right. Understand?"

Jieun shrugged, chewing her salad before swallowing. She reached for her glass of water and drank. "If you really want to fight this war with me, go ahead. But let's make it clear that the choice was yours," she answered nonchalantly. "Are you leaving city tomorrow?"

He huffed quietly, returning the attention to his plate. "It's my plan."

"Where to?"

"None of your business."

"I believe I'm allowed to know about your moves and attacks from now on." When there was no response from him, she sighed. "How long?"

"Few days." The answer made Jieun let out a sickening murmur. "Be more discreet in your reactions of discontent, darling."

"I don't need to be, dear husband."

Jungkook filled his glass again with wine. "Does your hopes of wanting me to leave city and stay longer has something to do with the friends you had been making?"

"I haven't made any friends... But I'm considering Kim Taehyung as one," Jieun replied and Jungkook looked up at her. "He's not that bad."

Jungkook's eyes locked on hers so coldly, that even though Jieun had been careful, she knew that her statement didn't please him.