༻𝐮𝐜𝐡𝐢 𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐫༺

─━════⊰⊱ ◈ ⊰⊱════━─

─━════⊰⊱ ⊰⊱════━─

Lee Jieun had lost track of time. How long she had been held in the dark, cold cell was a mystery to her but she knew it was at least over three days maximum. Her stomach and throat burned. Hunger and thirst were all she could feel, and the guards coming hourly only to check on her while enjoying themselves with their lunches didn't help much either.

Jieun sat with her back to the farthest wall, facing the large metal bars. Her left leg ached with the weight of a metal ring attached around her ankle.

As if she could go anywhere.

Her dazing lasted briefly. Jieun awoke to the sounds of jingling keys and heavy steps moments later. It was the kind of sound that she'd normally ignore, but this time, she had a feeling they were coming for her.

"Time to wake up, princess!" shouted a deep voice outside the cell. "Our Supreme Leader is waiting for you."

Jieun's chest swelled with fear.

The guard pushed the bars open, waiting for the prisoner to move. She tried to stand with her shakily legs, her hands pressed against the wall behind her for support.

"I'm not going anywhere near this man..."

Laughing, the guard walked inside, then took another key out to unlock the chain around her ankle. "You lost the right to choose. Work with me, yes? You're not in a position to act the way you did outside. The rebellious days are over."

"I'll rather die in this cell," Jieun looked down at the foot he was working on. "You can tell your leader to go fuck himself."

The guard scowled, quickly straightening up. Her offensive words had him delivering a right cross punch at Jieun's check that made her body stumble down against the floor again. He advanced once more, delivering a bone-shattering kick right into her stomach.

Jieun saw stars before coughing uncontrollably.

"Never speak ill of our Supreme Leader this way again."

It took some time for Jieun to recover. She frowned in pain, looking up at the man as her hand pressed on her stomach.

"Get up. He doesn't like waiting."

The rebel still didn't lose the defiant self and smirked. "Kiss ass..."

"I said get up!"

He dragged Jieun out of the cell, and she couldn't fight to stay back. Her body was too weak to search for the strength she didn't have. The loud shouts from other prisoners started soon as they started walking down the dark corridors. Jieun refused to exchange looks with them, too scared to recognize someone during the course.

The guard finally stopped, giving a short bow to the weird-looking officer who had been waiting by the big double wooden doors outside one of the halls Jieun was dragged into.