༻𝐯𝐢𝐨𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞༺

─━════⊰⊱ ◈ ⊰⊱════━─

─━════⊰⊱ ⊰⊱════━─

Her steps had never been so heavy. As Jieun advanced down the hall on the second floor of the base, she felt her blood bubbling in her veins, simply because she couldn't believe things would get this worse. She went down the stairs to the first floor, and her hand deliberately pushed one of the women who tried to stop her on the outside of the room her husband was in. There would be no hesitation in taking down whoever tried to block her way.

"Mrs. Jeon!" yelled the woman. "You can't go in there!"

Jieun dodged people, and soon reached the mezzanine, surrounded by officers. Her figure almost shone with that green dress in the midst of all that chaos. She cared little for the angry faces she received upon entering.

The wall in front of Jungkook slowly flickered, and multiple screens began to light up, displaying different zones. The moment his eyes stopped on Jieun, his lips pursed and calmly, started issuing orders before grabbing her by the arm to drag her to a corner.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" Jungkook hissed. "Two officers were responsible to take you to my mother's house under my orders. How did you manage to escape?"

Almost immediately, Jieun managed to extricate herself from his firm hand. "Did you forget who I am? Of course I'd found a way to leave."

"You don't have the permission to be here! Before my wife, you're a prisoner of the Supreme Leader! Don't you understand what this simple act of rebellion can bring us? Get — out — of — here, Jieun!"

"I won't go back, and you won't make me!" she dodged when he tried to grab her again. "You're wasting time. I want to stop this invasion in the most nonviolent way, and I know that's the opposite of your plans! This would lead to much bigger problems to the Office Palace!"

"I'm responsible for my army before any problems at the Office Palace!"

"General!" shouted one of the officers. Jungkook looked up over Jieun's shoulder. "We're losing our men in division four barriers! We can't handle this forever. They need to retreat!"

"Hold them for a few more minutes!" Jieun made her voice stand out before his.

"Shut up, Jieun!" spat Jungkook. "Who are you to give orders to my men?!"

"The brain that was able to win over the cities that you couldn't and your damn wife!" she yelled back. "So it's better to hold your men and let me help because it's not an option for us! I'll not let you carry me down when you lose your position as the general and become the country's joke for failing due to the conflict and repercussion that this attempt has taken!"

Jungkook moved closer, muttering dangerously, "I swear I'll kill you if you don't leave this room right now."

"Just like you did the first time we met?" Jieun said mockingly. "I don't think so. If you wanted to kill me, you'd have done a long time ago." His grip on her arm tightened to a bruising force. He wasn't kidding but neither was she. "Jungkook, I've been their leader before. I know their methods, I know their tricks, and I know what their plan is at this point. Indra is here, which means they won't hesitate to kill everyone on their way until they rescue me. If we retreat, they'll advance. If we fire, they'll fire back, and you'll lose more of your men. It's that what you want?"