༻𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐥 𝐝𝐞𝐞𝐝𝐬༺

─━════⊰⊱ ◈ ⊰⊱════━─

─━════⊰⊱ ⊰⊱════━─

Jieun frowned instantly. "Where are you taking me?"

"It's okay," Namjoon answered. "I received directions from the general."

"What... What kind of directions?"

"I prefer to keep them confidential."

"That doesn't work for me, Namjoon!"

"It works for me."

Her despair started to rise. "Where are you taking me?!"

"Jieun, I'd advise you to remain as ignorant as possible. Just cooperate. I have a mission to keep you safe."

"I can keep myself safe! I don't want your damn advice, I don't trust any Uchi people if that's what you are, now tell me where are we going!"

Namjoon let out a breath. "I always told you who I am. What I am. Only the firsts were Gi Jong's' true followers... What came after that was the oppression of the regime, the war, the 'save whoever has influence', 'the kneel or die.'"

Jieun fell silent and was unresponsive for a moment after receiving that statement. On one hand, she wanted to believe him, but on the other, she doubted if he was only saying those things to gain her trust.

The impulsiveness and irrational side made her act, and soon she found herself grabbing his tie from behind the seat, twisting to suffocate him with it.

"Where are you taking me?" she hissed. "Answer now, or I'll make you crash this car."

With eyes widen by the sudden aggression, Namjoon gasped while trying his best to focus on the road. "All right, All right!"

Jieun let him go, leaning back.

"I just wanted to give you the opportunity to cooperate," he sighed, massaging his neck. And without any turns, he just answered, "I'm taking you to the north gate. I have orders from your husband to get you out of the city as quickly and as imperceptibly as possible."

She felt her blood run cold. "Stop," it was her first reaction. "I'm not going anywhere without my children! I don't care about the orders you received! Take me back home or stop this car now!"

Namjoon pursed her lips, then stopped, but before she could get out, he informed, "Your children are not there anymore. They were taken too," his body turned to face her. "I'll not fight against your will, Jieun. If you want to go back, I'll do it. But first understand that your husband has always been hoping from his allies that the safety of his family would be kept intact and prioritize it when exposed to any imminent danger. I didn't receive any direct orders from him today. I didn't have to. We all saw the signal it was time the moment Gi Jong asked him to leave Seoul and to be taken to your house on the same day. No one sat down and made any plans on how to go about all this, but we're trained, and we're good. You can't stay here any longer. There's a reason why he wanted the general away, which you had probably guessed already..." Namjoon paused to sigh. "The private jet is waiting in the north gate and also the on-call squad. They will be responsible for keeping your exit out of the record as long as possible. But the choice is yours."