༻𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝༺

─━════⊰⊱ ◈ ⊰⊱════━─

─━════⊰⊱ ⊰⊱════━─

Jungkook sensed that the visit to his father would be his last one. Haeji opened the door for him and he walked slowly inside, carrying both of his children in the arms.

Saehyuk was lying in the king-sized bed, the one he had spent most of his days and nights. His features were different from what Jungkook remembered. The man looked skinny, weak, helpless, having difficulty to even breathe.

Jirin and Jinkook were both dressed in white. His daughter made a soft noise, pointing at their grandfather as if asking who it was. And because of that, Saehyuk opened his eyes slightly, taking a moment to recognize his surroundings.

When the gaze rested on the children his son was carrying beside the bed, he uttered weakly, "Came to introduce your kids to their dying grandfather? How lovely."

Jungkook let out a laugh through his nose. He approached more to sit on the edge, moving them to his lap. "It's not like children are your favorite things."

"Never was," he chuckled, the effort making him cough. "Not even you."

His son smiled softly as the little boy grabbed his tie to put on his mouth. "That's not what our photo album says."

"Photos lie."

"Whatever you say, dad," Jungkook replied, pulling his tie away. "You heard the news, right?"

"About how my son betrayed me?" Saehyuk released in disgust. "Unfortunately, yes."

"Don't judge me for my decisions," he said. "You took care of our name how they taught you to. That doesn't mean I have to do it in the same way... It's time for a change."

"Your way is not the right one."

"We'll never know if we don't try."

His father fell silent before coughing again. After recovering himself, he looked at the babies, and the frown couldn't be contained.

"They look so much like you at this age... it's scary."

Jungkook looked down at his children. "The personality is from their mother."

Saehyuk winced, clearly wanting to give some despiteful comment about his son's wife, but instead, pulled himself to sit, resting his back on the frame.

It was at the same moment where Jirin and Jinkook both started to crawl forward before Jungkook could stop them. And truthfully, he didn't want to and let them explore the huge bed. Saehyuk studied them with curiosity. Their faces, movements, babblings, smiles.

At one point, they started climbing on top of the old man. Jungkook immediately stood up to prevent it, but by the time he did, they had already reached his father's nose. The surprising thing was to hear his laugh, so he stood there, hands dipping in his pockets with a faint smile.