༻𝐢𝐧𝐡𝐮𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐲༺

─━════⊰⊱ ◈ ⊰⊱════━─

─━════⊰⊱ ⊰⊱════━─

Destruction everywhere, despair, deaths. Some were probably surprised to be alive after going through all that. It was what Jieun thought as she opened her eyes after arriving in Busan and getting out of the car.

Her body ached to see the state in which the city found itself in. She had been locked inside the fake paradise for so long that she forgot how the world truly looked like now. Jungkook and his leaders marched towards the nearly demolished building they were supposed to get in.

At the corner, the woman lying on the floor blinked several times until she finally managed to bring everything into focus. Her breath was lost for a second after recognizing the people standing there.

"... apparently some flee after the attack," said one of the men. "We arrested the most important names and the less relevant ones we executed. There are only those ones left."

"Good."

The woman's eyes captured the well-known Jeon Jungkook in the company of none other than Lee Jieun and Gi Jong. She felt her whole body react in fear and anger but didn't move an inch. The figure of the three together was like facing the biggest disappointment of her life.

"It won't be hard to find them. There is nowhere they could have gone outside Busan. The borders are guarded."

"I'm not surprised that they were prepared for something like this," Jieun said, hands behind her back. "Kawa has always worked for the safety of the most important members."

Jungkook stopped for a second, looking over the place. "They don't have all that security anymore. We're going to find them today."

The other leaders just nodded since it obviously appeared to be an order.

The woman followed Jieun's every move. How her shoes echoed through the silence. Her unrecognizable posture. How her eyes scanned the destroyed building. She seemed to dominate all the space. To own the air she breathed, to own every square meter she stepped on, everything she looked at.

Her hair was absolutely perfect in that braided bun. Her black dress was astonishing. Powerful. It highlighted the expensive diamonds on her ears and could also deceive the volume of her... belly?

"Where's your escort?" Jungkook asked her.

"Outside, and I don't need them here. I know this place well," Jieun ran her eyes over every human being spread around the floor.

"You know that's not why you need an escort, Jieun."

She blinked and very calmly brought her eyes up to him. "I don't want an escort."

Gi Jong laughed. "Let her have what she wants, Jungkook."

Hatred crossed through Jieun's eyes when she stared at him without fear, although still keeping her distance. "You wanted me here and be part of it. Care to tell me why now?"