༻𝐦𝐨𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞༺

─━════⊰⊱ ◈ ⊰⊱════━─

─━════⊰⊱  ⊰⊱════━─

Nobody toasted.

Jieun's heart sank after Gi Jong's words and almost fell forward. With wide eyes, she looked over to Jungkook and saw his knuckles turning white around the glass. He stared at the leader blankly, trying to process what they all heard.

Then, he cracked a smile and laughed weakly. "This is a joke, right?"

Gi Jong inhaled and exhaled calmly, lowering his glass when nobody followed the order. "I never joke. Your parents already had agreed to it."

The man standing beside Jungkook spoke next. "Yes, son. According to the situation we are living in, it'd be wise if this woman becomes —"

"Are you mad?!" Jungkook shouted, casting the deadliest glare at his own father. "What the fuck are you trying to say?!"

Everyone was startled by the powerful voice the general had.

"Jungkook, please compose yourself —"

"Compose?! Do you think I'm still a child?! Why did you chose me for this?! I'm not marrying this..." he blinked at Jieun, shaking his head in disbelief. "I'm not marrying this woman."

"Son," Mr. Jeon continued. "We'll make you understand many things about her family and our family soon and why it's so important to —"

"Don't put our family in the middle of it! And stop using excuses when we all know this is for his own fucking benefit!" Jungkook pointed at Gi Jong, who merely sighed and sat back down while enjoying his glass of wine.

"You're ruining the dinner atmosphere, General... Sehyuk, I thought you were going to prepare your son for this."

Jeon Sehyuk rubbed his forehead, embarrassed. "We didn't have the time for such thing, sir."

Ignoring his father, Jungkook placed the glass back on the table, leaning down in Gi Jong's direction. "I have won battles in your name," his voice was low as he uttered through gritted teeth. "I've killed people who were against you. I'm the general, not your damn slave, so if you don't kill her, I will."

"If you kill her, I'll kill you next," Gi Jong's voice sounded calm but at the same time threatening. Jungkook didn't flinch, instead, he kicked the chair with the back of his foot and started to walk away, not once glancing at Jieun on the way out. The leader stood up, offended that the young man left the table without his permission, and rose his voice before he could reach the door. "Jungkook!"

He stopped but didn't turn.

"I made what you are today. Don't you ever forget that."

Jungkook scoffed as he looked over his shoulder. "No, you didn't."