༻𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐭𝐲༺

─━════⊰⊱ ◈ ⊰⊱════━─

─━════⊰⊱ ⊰⊱════━─

Jungkook began to slide his arm away from Jieun's waist once Roseanne Park approached the couple with a very welcoming grin wearing a sophisticated off-shoulder, sequin green dress. They two greeted, and the blonde deliberately leaned forward to give her a quick kiss as well.

"So glad you could come to my parents' party, Miss Lee."

"You're free to call me Mrs. Jeon," Jieun smiled softly. Rosé felt her grin wanting to fade yet forced to hold in place. "It's very beautiful," she scanned around. "Did you plan it?"

The blonde raised her chin proudly. "Every detail. I remember your mother-in-law commenting something about how good I am in organizing events."

"She did."

"Sadly, I wasn't allowed to do the same at your wedding," Rosé glanced up at Jungkook. "The bride's decision."

"Ma'am," a waiter stopped beside the two, offering a drink.

Jieun accepted, thanking him. "Your help wasn't actually needed, Miss Park. But perhaps on another occasion... say, in our 25th-anniversary celebration?"

Rosé looked up at Jungkook again, who took a sip of his drink, pretending he wasn't part of the conversation.

"Oh, I doubt it'd last that long..." she smirked, her hand going up to his tie. "So, General... I'm missing you already. When are you going to pay a visit to our new secret place?"

"Rosé..." he warned.

"What?" she laughed. "She knows about our little meetings, don't you, Mrs. Jeon?"

Scoffing, Jieun looked away with a smile as Jungkook removed the blonde's hand from his tie.

"We're all adults here," Rosé continued, finding very amusing the situation she had created. "There's no need to act like a happily married couple in front of me."

Jieun returned to smile in her direction, ignoring all the snobbish air the woman had. There was no point in wasting time with this. She imagined ten steps above them to give her answer.

"No problem... as long as you also stop acting like the proud mistress, when we both know the fact I'm the one wearing this ring is slowly killing you inside."

Rosé advanced forward; Jungkook quickly held her arm as Jieun continued to smile, not flinching once.

"As far as I know, you're still a prisoner of this place, so watch your mouth," the blonde said. "You know nothing about me and about my past with him."

"Rosé, stop it," Jungkook warned again.

"You're right. I don't," Jieun said idly. "But look what fate had in store for us; you, stuck with me for the rest of your life," she looked at Jungkook briefly, turning to Rosé next. "And you, wishing to be in my place," she pouted, feigning disappointment. "It's been hard to deal with this new reality, isn't it? I know it is for me... Sleeping and waking up every goddamn day next to this man. Now, forced to have his child... But you know what? I'll let you both enjoy the past a little at my expense," her hand raised the glass clinking with the one in Rosé 's hand. "Congratulations on the party, Miss Park. You do have a big talent for irrelevant things."