༻𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐝༺

─━════⊰⊱ ◈ ⊰⊱════━─

─━════⊰⊱ ⊰⊱════━─

Jieun became aware that she was awake; although her eyes remained closed as she slowly turned over to her stomach. The mattress that supported her body gradually sank with the movements. The warmth of the covers was welcoming, and the silk of the white sheets smoothed across her skin.

She inhaled the perfume that was impregnated on the pillows and felt slightly drunk. It was his. Strong, expensive, and dear God, so very masculine. She wasn't used to it. Her face buried on it, groaning for feeling such a pleasurable comfort. It was the best bed she'd ever laid in her life and comparing it with another would be a sin.

Her eyes slightly opened, and she found the empty place beside her. Jieun wanted to smile, but the desire quickly went away at the knowledge it'd be temporary. Her husband had been away for a week since their wedding but would return soon.

Jieun sighed and turned to face the high, domed ceiling. This was Jeon Jungkook's room. Everything there seemed to impose power. The size, the floor, the sculptures, the armchairs, the curtains, the carpets, the windows, the walls, and without a doubt, the bed... It was all his.

And now hers.

Suddenly, the idea of sleeping in a not-so-comfortable mattress wasn't that bad at all.

A distant knock left her ears intent, but Jieun didn't have the strength to move. The door slowly opened, and she heard the little hesitantly steps across the floor.

"Mrs. Jeon?"

Her eyes closed. Oh, how she hated being called that way.

"Mrs. Jeon."

Jieun signed in annoyance, replying grudgingly, "Yes."

"Mrs. Jeon Haeji came by to visit and is waiting for you in the living room."

Jieun grimaced. It was too early in the morning for her to start dealing with her new reality.

"Thank you, Yumi," she moved lazily, feeling the cold room temperature after leaving the warmth of the covers. She stood up, wrapping her silk white robe around her body. "I'll have breakfast here today. Do you mind bringing it up while I shower, please?"

"Um —" the maid hesitated. "Mr. Jeon Jungkook disapproves of food in his room, ma'am."

Jieun stopped on the way to the bathroom, tried to imagine why and laughed, finding it pathetic.

"Well, then we should be grateful that he's not home yet," she winked at the maid, who giggle in response.

The splendid suite had a washbasin entirely lined with black ceramic, extremely polished and clean. Every faucet, hanger, sink, or detail gleamed her reflection. The towels all were fluffy and bulky, the mirrors were large and strategic, and the lightning was controlled by stained glass windows.