༻𝐟𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲 𝐫𝐨𝐨𝐭𝐬༺

─━════⊰⊱ ◈ ⊰⊱════━─

─━════⊰⊱ ⊰⊱════━─

Namjoon's hands were bloody, trembling as he applied pressure on Jieun's stomach. It just kept flowing no matter what he did. Absolutely nothing in that storage facilities room was worth it, and the fear seemed to rise with each passing second. He felt sick, useless, helpless.

"Don't do this to me, Jieun."

His heart was elevated. Her skin was getting paler. Blood continued to seep out.

"Namjoon..."

"Shh. No talking," he asked, eyes scanning around for something to help. Anything.

Jieun searched for him in the dark room. "Namjoon..." she tried again. "Please... tell..." more coughing. "Tell Jungkook... that I'm sorry..."

"Whatever you want to tell him, you're doing it yourself," Namjoon stated firmly as he took his radio up to his mouth again. "Vernon, dammit! Where's the help you were going to send?!"

He waited while panting, staring anxiously at Jieun's nearly lifeless body until the answer came.

"Almost all zones are being watched under the Supreme Leader's orders," the sergeant's voice cracked. "There's not much I can do right now. Just wait a little longer."

"I can't wait! And where the hell is you?"

"General's house. He's still unconscious."

Namjoon huffed in exasperation, bowing his head before standing up quickly, reaching for the shelves. The transceiver he used to contact Hobi was still there as always. Curses left him during the process to connect the damn device, hands were slipperier with blood.

Jieun was in pain, he could see it. Her eyes were closed, but she still kept inhaling and exhaling in short, ragged breaths. There was nothing to hold onto, not friction, no sense of stability, and no sense of self aside from the fog of breath at her lips and the lurching of her heart. Limps flain at emptiness, muscles quivered, trembled, shock.

The blackness was above, below, beyond, within, outside.

"Move to the east gate," Vernon's voice sounded again, and Namjoon stopped what he was doing, eyes widening.

"Why?"

"You'll understand when you see it. Do it now, we don't have much time."

The officer didn't ask any other questions, dropping the transceiver there to run towards Jieun again. Her body was carried by him once again, and he left the storage room, being careful as he crossed the building.

With the Army divided, the last thing he needed was to be seen by the wrong people.