Ch10 - I'm too noob, so I won't pick it up

Edited by Divetus and Noks

After sending the message, Yi Chen gently moved the mouse, clicked the red x at the top right of the webpage, shut down the computer and exhaled.

Then, he got up and walked to the French windows that overlooked a myriad of city lights, and unhurriedly answered his phone.

"En."

"Yi Chen." The voice of the old man at the other end wasn't happy. "How could you only answer the phone now?"

Yi Chen's lips pulled down, and his eyes flickered with impatience, but his tone was as usual. "What's the matter?"

Seeing that the other party didn't greet him, the old man took a few deep breaths before continuing, "When are you free? Let's meet up — your grandfather made an agreement with me four years ago to let me undertake the Xu River project. How could you suddenly change the project leader without discussing this with me in advance?!"

"Uncle Chen," Yi Chen smiled. "You said it yourself, that was what my grandfather promised. Naturally, you should seek him out for an explanation. I'm afraid nothing will change if you meet with me."

"You!" The other party was so angry he nearly spit out blood.

Old man Yi passed away three years ago. Telling him to go seek out old man Yi for help, wasn't that just cursing him?!

"Yi Chen, what do you mean by that!"

Yi Chen heard the other party's heavy breathing and only then, gradually, withdrew his smile. He felt that he had succeeded in angering him enough and said, "Eight o'clock Sunday morning, Mingguang Hotel."

Hanging up the phone, the man pressed on a remote control, and the curtains slowly closed.

He took his shirt off with one hand, and his well-built physique was exposed to the air, the lines of his muscles rising and falling slightly with his breath.

Seemingly thinking of something, he stopped walking and unlocked his cellphone.

As the largest livestream platform, StarTV naturally had an app.

"Ding—"

After the sound of the download prompt rang out, he tossed his cellphone aside, grabbed a bathrobe, and turned around to enter the bathroom.

——

There were two knocks on the door.

The man sitting in the boss' chair didn't lift his head and indifferently said, "Scram."

There was only one person who dared to knock on his office door without anyone notifying him beforehand.

Unfortunately, the door opened faster than he could say scram. A boy wearing casual clothes and sneakers worth tens of thousands of yuan grinned and came in carrying a ball. "Ge, I've missed you unbearably so!"

As if accustomed to receiving this kind of attitude from the other person, Yi Chen turned the page over and quickly signed his name on the document with a pen. In a careless tone, he asked, "What?"

Yi Ran clicked his tongue, quickly walked to his desk, and fawned upon him as he said, "Ge, since I'm coming over to your house to eat soon, I thought I would travel there with you."

"Do you not have a car?"

"Have one ah, and it's the one you gave me!"

As he mentioned this, Yi Chen's index finger and thumb closed together, and he couldn't help rubbing them against each other. "Then, are your legs broken?"