Ch73 - Change

Edited by xiin and Noks

Yu Yan saw the little Lion King and couldn't help but say, "Don't muss up Little Fool's fur like that."

Yi Chen paused, started to stroke in the original direction again, and continued to pet Little Fool, but his eyebrows were already furrowed. "Change the flight, and go back in a few months."

If he had said a few days, Yu Yan may have really considered doing so.

After all, the pie falling from the sky had just landed in his hands, but it hadn't even been warmed up yet... He himself was also reluctant to go back.

Unexpectedly though, what came out of Yi Chen's mouth as soon as he opened it was 'a few months' instead. Yu Yan replied immediately, "No way."

"Then a few weeks."

"......also not possible."

Yi Chen took a deep breath. "A few days."

"......" Yu Yan wavered.

Yi Chen said, "I still haven't taken you to climb the mountain."

Yu Yan chuckled. "Why are you still so concerned about that?"

"Last time you went to ask for blessings for me." Yi Chen said, "This time I'll go ask for you."

Yu Yan asked, "But haven't you been very busy lately?"

"The weekend will be better." Yi Chen raised the cat. "Don't you want to touch him?"

"Want to..."

Yu Yan was just about to agree when he received a phone call, and the on-going WeChat video-call was immediately cut off.

Yu Minyang was the one who was calling. "Xiao Yan? Were you asleep?"

Yu Yan held the cellphone to his ear. "No... is something wrong, Uncle?"

Yu Minyang asked, "You'll be back tomorrow ba? What time does the flight land, Uncle will pick you up."

Yu Yan hurriedly said, "No need, don't trouble yourself."

Yu Minyang replied, "It's no trouble, how can picking you up be any trouble?"

Yu Yan was just about to say that he might change his flight when he heard Yu Minyang say, "Tomorrow is your aunt's birthday. She is old, so birthdays aren't that fun. I'll pick you up tomorrow, and then you can have a meal at home ba, it'll just count as her birthday celebration. She knew you were coming back and specially sent someone to go to other provinces to buy some bottles of some... what... secret ancestral recipe chili sauce. You'll have to try some of it thoroughly tomorrow."

Yu Yan's words froze in his throat.

"Hello? Xiao Yan, can you hear me?" Yu Minyang heard the sound of wind from the other end of the call, but didn't hear an answer. He hesitated and said, "It's fine if you don't have time. Birthdays after all ah, there's one every year, it's no big deal."

"Ah, I'm here." Yu Yan soon returned to his senses, and then after a while, nodded his head. "...Okay, then troubling you to pick me up. The plane will land in Manyang around 1 p.m."

Yu Minyang laughed. "Okay, see you tomorrow. I'll buy a bottle of good wine later, and we'll open it up tomorrow to liven things up a bit."

After hanging up, Yu Yan quickly called Yi Chen back.

He pressed his lips together and told him about the thing with the birthday.

Originally, he had thought that the other side would say something, but he hadn't expected Yi Chen to just nod and simply say, "I will send you to the airport tomorrow."