Ch84 - If it was still painful

Edited by Noks

"You mean they haven't sent you the contract yet?"

In his office, Yu Minyang was wearing a suit and squinting at the Weibo on the cellphone. "What kind of habits do people have nowadays? What legal effect is there if they don't go through the proper procedures and just post everything on the Internet?"

Yu Yan took a sip of tea and nodded. "...they didn't send it."

Yu Minyang asked, "Have you been contacted in private?"

Yu Yan replied, "No."

Although Yu Minyang's law firm was small, it did have several promising lawyers. Currently, some of them were sitting at their desks outside, often glancing into the office. The office blinds weren't closed, so everything happening in the office could be seen through the glass.

"Is this really Yang Ge's nephew? Biological nephew? So handsome, they don't look alike at all."

"Who says, you haven't seen Yang Ge when he was young ba. You can see him in the picture hanging there of the honorary graduates of our school, and he's pretty handsome."

"That's still a little bit different from this nephew of his. The way he's wearing that white T-shirt, if it weren't for my age..."

"Hey, wake up. Your husband is still waiting for you at home."

Yu Yan didn't know that he was being talked about. He pursed his lips and asked, "Uncle, in this situation, do I count as being guilty of breach of contract?"

"No!" Yu Minyang said directly, "When you signed, you weren't even 15 yet ba? I remember you just went to play in the junior year of middle school... went to play professionally?"

Yu Yan let out an "en" and said, "Yes."

Yu Minyang said, "Then you can rest assured, we have a fair chance of winning this lawsuit. Although Uncle's company isn't very large, we still have some talented people here. We have a lawyer who just recently won a case involving a breach of contract. He was hired to represent the platform and won quite magnificently. He's been in M city for business these few days, but he'll be back tomorrow. You come back tomorrow, and I'll take you to have dinner with him. You two can talk it through."

"Okay." Yu Yan said, "Thank you, Uncle, then I'll come back tomorrow."

Yu Minyang nodded, and then switched gears to become a concerned family member again. "This matter didn't scare you ba?"

Yu Yan shook his head and replied, "No, I was just a bit surprised."

"This company is really shameful. Setting aside the fact that they hadn't paid you any salary, they then dared to come out and steal money now..." After speaking this far, Yu Minyang realised that he seemed to have stepped on a big mine, and so closed his mouth tightly before he instinctively defended, "I mean..."

"Yeah." Yu Yan pulled out a smile. "...That's why it was unexpected."

Before Yu Minyang could say anything more, he stood up and said, "Uncle, then I won't disturb your work here any longer. I'll come back tomorrow, and let me treat you to that meal."

Yu Minyang frowned, and a trace of sadness flashed through his expression.

After a long time, he nodded. "Okay. Then see you tomorrow."

The uncle and nephew pair walked out of the office and passed by the desks of the other staff members. Yu Yan politely nodded at them and counted the number of people present, thinking that he would bring them some milk tea or coffee tomorrow.