Ch93 - Nice surprise.

Edited by Noks

Towards the end of the year, all of the netizens posted their own year-end summaries on Weibo. The hashtag #YearEndReport soared to the top of the trending hotlist.

Many big verified accounts followed suit, in order to also gain some popularity.

[XX electric appliances: #YearEndReport #2018Lookback, we sold X electric appliances and received X pieces of feedback, with a high praise rating of X%....]

[XX Video: #YearEndReport #2018Lookback, XX video brought you X self-made plays, of which the number of views for has exceeded X billion]

......

And what stood out from amongst these big verified accounts wasn't the video platform with the highest number of views in the whole network, nor the brokerage company with the largest brand of artists under its banner, but a livestream platform.

To be frank, although this livestream platform was the leader in its own industry, when placed among all the big verified accounts, it generally wouldn't even be mentioned. The number of fans any star had could drown out the comment section of the livestream platform's official account.

So why did it get so popular?

Because the content of the year end report released by the live platform went like this—

[StarTV official blog: #YearEndReport #AnotherYearHasPassed, Little Star is here to give you the year-end report la. This year, there were XXX contracted anchors on this platform, and the number of new users has reached X billion!

Among them, the most popular male anchor is "Good Show" @XKTVGoodShow, with a total of X million fans.

The most popular female anchor is "Tuan ya Tuan" @XKTVTuantuan, with a total of X million fans.

This year, the most ambitious stream follower on the platform is "Yanyan's Daddy" @Yi Chen, who has given XXX million yuan worth of gifts in 2018!

...... ]

At first, this Weibo post only became a little popular in the world of e-sports, but after being forwarded by a big verified account in the esports circle... it traveled out of the circle.

Netizens didn't understand what was going on at first, but they woke up after they clicked through the @s that the official blog had attached to the post.

[Thank you to stream follower Yi something for his great contribution to his own enterprise, thank you to this stream follower!]

[Sure enough, it's like a game for rich people to start up a live platform.]

[This is a real big boss here, he's Yida Group's boss. StarTV is probably barely a speck in his eye. The key is that he is 28 years old, unmarried, and you can Baidu his photo yourself.]

[I Baidued it and am back. I can say one thing: this concubine is tired.]

[Jiejie is willing, Meimei is also willing.JPG]

[[ChickenCoopWarning.JPG] Sorry, I'm about to break all of your Jiejie's/Meimei's hearts. Yi Chen's gifts were all for the same anchor, and I think they will be getting married soon ba. It doesn't matter if we can't be Jie/Mei, we can nibble on this CP hand in hand ya!]

The assistant braced himself and looked at his boss, who was currently holding an iPad and flipping through such Weibo comments.

"President Yi, StarTV said your name is hanging in the livestream studio's... you are No. 1 on their list of local tyrants, and they're asking if it's necessary for them to take it off."