Ch101 - After all, you can't let children suffer.

Edited by Noks

By the time they got into bed, Yu Yan almost fell asleep as soon as his head touched the pillow.

Yi Chen wasn't sleepy at all. He held the other man in his arms and loosely touched his hair.

Afraid of waking him up, he kissed him especially lightly, his kisses scattering across Yu Yan's eyelids, the tip of his nose, and finally his lips.

Yu Yan was so sleepy that he didn't open his eyes even upon feeling these kisses. He just asked him vaguely, "...aren't you going to sleep?"

"Will sleep," Yi Chen said, "Good night."

Only after the breaths of the person next to him grew steady did Yi Chen start to move.

He raised the quilt, got out of bed, tucked in every corner of the quilt securely again, casually put on a pair of pajamas, picked up his cellphone, and went to the balcony.

It was very cold outside. He closed the door firmly, confirmed the current time, and then dialed a number.

The phone rang twice before it was soon picked up.

The person on the other end seemed to be in a state of disbelief. It took a long time before they said, "Xiao Chen?"

Mother Yi glanced at the time and said in a tone filled with complete surprise, "It's two o'clock in the middle of the night in China ba. At this time... Why are you still calling? You're not sleeping?"

As soon as those words were uttered, Mother Yi paused.

What she said wasn't quite right. Even if it was morning, noon, or evening in China, she pretty much would never really get a call from Yi Chen.

Yi Chen let out an "en" and asked, "Did you have lunch?"

"Yes." Mother Yi stopped what she was doing. She thought of something and spoke with some guilt and great care mixed into her tone, "Xiao Chen... Is your injury better?"

Since the accident, Mother Yi could clearly feel that the estrangement between her and her son was growing deeper and deeper.

That car accident had been caused by Mother Yi's relatives. After the accident, she had lost count of the number of times those people had come to her to beg her for help. She had never relented even once, nor had she mentioned a word about it in front of Yi Chen.

If she had known earlier that indulging them would endanger Yi Chen's life, she wouldn't have ever started helping them with anything.

However, there was no such thing as clairvoyance in this world, and the injury had already been caused, she just didn't know how to make up for it.

"It's all better."

After Yi Chen finished saying that, he fell silent.

He had originally thought that question would have been followed by a plea. He had even already decided the way he would reject it, but who knew that this unmentioned "topic" would just pass by like that.

"That's good. You should remember what the doctor said. Go back for a check-up once a month, and don't miss it because of work..."

Speaking to here, Mother Yi fell silent.

She knew that Yi Chen didn't like it when she started to talk about this kind of thing.

The time they could use to converse was passing by silently, but neither of them spoke any further.

A cool breeze blew by again, and Yi Chen suddenly kind of missed the warmth that came from being under the quilt, just now.

He took the lead in breaking this silence and finally got to the reason for this call.