Ch70 - Because I like you

Edited by Noks and xiin

Yu Yan was a bit confused. For a while, he didn't know whether he should answer his question or ask him how he came to be here.

Good Show tugged at Yu Yan's suit jacket and asked, "Your friend?"

Yu Yan's chin was still in Yi Chen's hand. He nodded, and Yi Chen's hand shook a bit, as he confirmed, "Yes..."

Yi Chen didn't expect to not only not get an answer, but for Yu Yan to start chatting with someone else on top of that.

He curled his index finger, tracing the side of Yu Yan's cheek, then saw the person in charge of the gala head towards him at a quick pace. His tone was light as he said, "Get up, come with me."

Yu Yan stood up and said, "How come you're here?"

"President Yi." The person in charge had reached them and bowed slightly from the waist as he said, "Your seat is in the front."

Yu Yan looked in the direction the other party was pointing at. He didn't recognize the other people who were seated at that table, but one of them looked very striking.

What made this person stand out was his headful of pale pink bleached hair and the mole under the corner of his eye. It was supposed to make for a charming look, but failed to do so because it was under a pair of sharp eyes. Lightly looking over this person, you could see that not only was he not feminine at all, but he also looked particularly attractive.

Being able to dress in such style and still get a seat at the center table, Yu Yan could blindly guess that he was the leader of that idol group.

That table was almost full, with only one seat left empty.

It was positioned right in the middle of the hall, perfectly facing the stage. One glance at it was enough to tell you about the identity of its owner.

At this time, Mo Nancheng had gone to look for his seat. On this occasion, he didn't want to sit in the seat that would be the focus of most of the cameras, just to make sure that his ex-girlfriends wouldn't discover his whereabouts. He had mentioned this matter to Yi Chen in advance and had told him to seat him at a table with more female anchors, but Yi Chen had ignored him and had told the person in charge of the gala to make whatever arrangements they wanted to.

Yi Chen asked, "Everyone is here?"

Yu Yan returned to his senses as soon as he heard Yi Chen's voice.

The person in charge then bowed again as he replied, "All here, only missing you. Once you are seated at the table, we will immediately begin."

Yu Yan wasn't stupid. There weren't many people who could have the manager bow to them and sit at the central table on such an occasion.

Yi Chen looked down at Yu Yan's "seat mate" and said, "Arrange one more seat..."

"No need," Yu Yan interrupted him reflexively.

Sensing everyone's eyes on himself, he laughed and said, "...I'll just sit here."

Yi Chen was just about to say something when the person in charge braced himself and reminded him, "President Yi, the time specified for the start of the livestream is nearly here."

Yi Chen raised his eyebrows, but after seeing that the person in front of him didn't have any intentions of leaving without him, he could only let out an "en" and then lift his legs to walk away.

Yu Yan sat back in his original seat. Good Show had noticed something odd, but didn't ask much about Yi Chen.

"Have you gone through the schedule?" Good Show asked, "The awards are first, but don't be nervous. When you are called on-stage and get the trophy, just say whatever you like."