Ch69 - Little Prince

Edited by xiin and Noks

Mo Nancheng overheard these words, and asked, "What first-meeting gift? Do you have to give first-meeting gifts whenever you make friends nowadays? If that's the case, Xiao Yan also has to give the three of us a gift ah."

"He's the youngest, how do you even have the nerve to ask for something like this?" After Yi Chen finished saying that, he went back to his seat and told Yu Yan, "He's just that stingy, you can only snatch your gift from his wallet."

"I'm stingy?" Mo Nancheng grew incensed, acting as if he had been humiliated. "Let me tell you, out of all my ex-girlfriends down to my Meimei, none of them has ever said that I am stingy... Xiao Yan, tomorrow you go and pick out a watch and send me the bill."

Yu Yan hurriedly shook his head. "No need."

Yi Ran said, "Ge, how about you buy one for me instead ba."

"No, I don't have to give you a first-meeting gift."

"My Ge is right, you really are stingy."

"Buy then!" Mo Nancheng frowned. "You go and choose! Just one ah!"

Yi Ran replied, "Okay!"

Click—as they spoke, Yu Yan pushed his tiles forward.

"Self-drawn win."

He'd listened to Yi Chen's advice and had only aimed at making high-scoring tile sets. Although the total number of sets he made decreased, the amount of money he won increased instead of decreasing.

During the second round, Yi Ran became the first to be unable to hold up any longer.

He looked at his empty drawer and asked the person next to him, "Xiao Yan, can I exchange some chips with you ba?"

Yu Yan said, "The chips belong to Yi Chen, ask him."

The waiter would exchange the chips for money at any time, even during an on-going game. It was obvious that Yi Ran had lost a lot and wanted to take some chips from his cousin instead of exchanging for some of his own.

He knew he wouldn't get any from his cousin, so he had placed all his attention on the completely harmless looking Xiao Yan.

He didn't expect Xiao Yan to kick the matter right back to Yi Chen.

"Exchange for your own chips." Sure enough, his cousin said this frostily, while even sparing a sneering glance towards him.

Yi Ran: "..."

He felt so miserable at that moment, so much so that he couldn't even tell who his real bros were at the mahjong table.

By midnight, Yu Yan had won an amount equivalent to his salary for the better part of the year and put his chips in the drawer. He felt very successful.

Yi Chen looked at the time and said, "We won't play anymore."

"No ah, it's still early?" Mo Nancheng said, "Play another round, Xiao Yan and I are chatting happily."

He didn't know if it was a tactic to distract him or something else, but for every two tiles that Yu Yan played, Mo Nancheng would chat with him for a bit. All of his questions were about irrelevant things, he merely scratched the surface.

"He has to livestream tomorrow," said Yi Chen.

Yu Yan quickly expressed his opinion, "It's fine... how about you keep playing, and I'll take a taxi back? You don't have to send me."

"I'm not playing." Yi Chen asked, "How much did you win?"

Yu Yan opened the drawer, feeling very proud. Although he didn't say it, the expression written all over his face clearly implied that he was asking for credit.