Ch60 - This person was too kind

Edited by Noks

Yu Yan sat up straight on the bed, held his cell phone, and instinctively answered, "Any position is fine."

Yi Chen paused, then with a voice carrying traces of laughter, asked, "You're really taking it seriously?"

"No," Yu Yan returned to his senses and said, "I... won't look at pictures now."

In the future, he shouldn't tell Yi Ran anything— this person sold out his teammates far too quickly—Yu Yan warned himself vigilantly.

Yi Chen let out an "en" and asked, "Are your fingers tired after hanging up so many video calls?"

"...Not tired." Yu Yan looked at the person on the cellphone, feeling somewhat at loss, braced himself, and explained, "I thought you called me so that I could see the cat. I'm a little sleepy today and just wanted to go to bed early, so I hung up the calls."

Yi Chen also didn't expose him. "Little Fool? I don't have much energy to look after it these days, so it's been sent to my mother."

Hearing the new name of the cat, Yu Yan asked, "Doesn't it already have a name?"

Yi Chen replied, "Didn't the names clash?"

Yu Yan originally didn't get it, but after seeing the smile that emerged at the corner of 1's mouth, he immediately understood.

...meaning that the cat's name clashed with his own.

"...I don't mind."

Just as he finished saying that, the man on the screen suddenly raised his hand and rubbed his temple with his fingers.

Yu Yan blurted out, "Do you not feel well? Why did you leave the hospital so soon?"

"Nothing serious, just a little concussion. The number of beds in the hospital are tight now, and the doctors won't let me take up space."

Yu Yan took it seriously and frowned as he asked, "Which hospital? This is simply not taking responsibility for their patients."

Yi Chen raised his eyebrows and laughed. "I'm joking. And isn't there also your talisman?"

"I don't know if that thing is effective or not, let's not be too feudal and superstitious. If you don't feel well, you must promptly go to the hospital, it won't be good to delay."

This man had climbed half of the Tianshan Mountain to get a charm for him, but now he was lecturing him on not being feudal and superstitious.

Yi Chen replied, "It's effective."

He picked up his cellphone, walked all the way to the kitchen, and found a place to prop it up.

Yu Yan only saw the screen shake during this while. When it was stable again, he saw a semi-open kitchen.

The person on the screen was messing with a coffee machine.

Yu Yan asked, "So late, still drinking coffee?"

"Used to it." Yi Chen, who was cleaning a cup, suddenly said, "That day in Manyang..."

Here it was.

All of Yu Yan's words disappeared at once, and his heart began to pound again.

Yi Chen only brought up the subject but didn't go on.

He didn't know how much the little anchor had learned about that day, and he didn't want to say too much.

Silence reigned for more than ten seconds. Yu Yan felt like he was at an execution field, with a big knife hanging over his head. He couldn't tell when it was about to fall, and so it was especially uncomfortable.