Ch94 - Fuck, this boy was so handsome.

Edited by Noks

Yi Chen had never felt his heart beat so fast.

He was like a drowning man who had been suddenly pulled out of the water with great effort, and could only gulp in deep breaths of air now.

Noticing that something wasn't right with him, Yu Yan froze, raised his hand, and patted his back. "What's the matter?"

Yi Chen smelled the scent of milk on his body and quickly recovered from his gaffe.

"Nothing." He still held him and asked, "Why didn't you say a word about coming here? I would have had someone pick you up."

"If I had said something, then it wouldn't be a surprise ah." Yu Yan laughed. "Why did you get off work so early?"

He had had it all planned out. If he arrived before 5 o'clock, Yi Chen would definitely not be at home. A few days ago, he had surreptitiously probed around a bit and had found out that Yi Chen wouldn't have any other celebration feasts today.

Originally, he had thought that all these conditions had made the situation favorable for him, but in the end, there was still a screw-up.

However, that was fine. He just wanted to celebrate Yi Chen's birthday, whether or not it was a surprise wasn't that important.

Yi Chen had just reflected on what Yu Yan had just said.

He frowned. "Birthday?"

"Yes ah." Yu Yan asked, "You left work so early, have you eaten yet?"

"Not yet." Yi Chen paused. "How did you know that today is my birthday?"

Yu Yan hehed and seemed to be very proud as he answered, "I checked it on Baidu."

Yi Chen raised his eyebrows, lifted his hand, and rubbed his neck. He didn't say much and just asked, "Tired from the flight?"

"That flight was how long ah, I'm not that delicate." Speaking of this, Yu Yan suddenly thought of something and hastened to pat Yi Chen's shoulder. "Wait...You let go first."

Yi Chen didn't move and instead said, "Hug for a while longer."

Yu Yan laughed. "No. The cake... it has to go in the fridge."

The embrace was then over. Yu Yan picked up the big cake and said, "I'll borrow the refrigerator for a bit."

Yi Chen raised his hand to untie his tie, his fatigue from earlier now completely gone because of the hug. "What borrow, this whole house is yours. Why did you buy such a big cake? And carry it all the way from Manyang?"

"No, I picked it out in advance at a cake shop in Jincheng." Yu Yan said, "Hasn't Yi Ran also been living in your house recently? I was afraid that if it was too small, there wouldn't be enough to eat."

Yu Yan opened the refrigerator and was stunned.

He wasn't very good at cooking, but because he was at home all year round, he would buy some frozen cooked food to put in the refrigerator. However, the refrigerator in Yi Chen's house was too empty. There was nothing in it but two bottles of beer.

Seeing his doubtful look, Yi Chen said, "Auntie buys fresh ingredients every day, and I let her take the remaining ones back with her. Did you eat anything on your way here?"

"Had a little airplane dinner," Yu Yan replied.

Yi Chen walked behind him and curved his hand around his neck. "Let's go."

Yu Yan turned his head and asked, "Go where?"

"Restaurant." Yi Chen met his eyes and said, "Or the supermarket?"