I Will Always Be There For You - Carrie Wilson

You were in the middle of watching netflix, when there was a loud knock coming from your bedroom door. You looked up, startled, and before you said anything the door open and Carrie, your girlfriend, walked in.

Your face immediately fell when you noticed the mascara running down her face. You stood up, walked over to her, and hugged her tightly, burying your face in her shoulder. She wrapped her arms around you, placing her chin on your head, as she continued to cry.

"What's wrong baby?" you apprehensively asked, not wanted to upset her.

"I don't know what to do anymore. It's all just so hard," she said through her tears.

You pulled away and grabbed her hand, leading her over to your bed. You sat down and motioned for her to sit beside you. She did, and you pulled her slightly, so that her ahead was in your lap.

You began to lightly play with her hair when you asked, "do you want to talk about it?"

She sighed, and stared at the ceiling, not quite meeting your eyes. "I don't even know who I am anymore. It's like I have to keep up this persona 24/7. And if I don't, I feel like everyone's going to hate me. I want to be myself, but I don't even know who she is anymore. It's so easy with you. I don't have to keep my walls up. I can be myself with you, but with everyone I just can't."

"Care bear, I know you're not going to like this, but I think you just gotta go for it. Stop worrying about what other people are going to think. I'm going to be there for you no matter what, and I'm sure everyone would love you if they saw the real you."

"Y/n I don't know how to be the real me. It just happens with you, and I don't know how to stop pretending that I'm someone I'm not."

"I don't know how to help you. Only you know how to help you. You just gotta try. Whenever you catch yourself acting differently, just try to stop doing it."

"Oh yeah that's great advice. Just stop doing it," Carrie said while laughing slightly.

"Yeah that was pretty awful advice wasn't it. I'm sorry," I said while smiling down at her.

"No, I'm sorry. I'm throwing all my problems onto you. All we ever talk about is me."

"Care bear-"

"You're right, I haven't been trying. I was just expecting you to do it for me. I know you can't do that. But maybe you could help me try?"

"Of course I'll help you. I want you to be happy. I love you Carrie," you said while smiling down at her.

Carrie's eyes widened. You've never said that to her before. Suddenly her face lit up in a big smile. Carrie sat up a pressed a kiss to your lips.

"I love you too."