All Too Well - Eddie Munson

I walked through the door with you, the air was cold
But something 'bout it felt like home somehow
And I left my scarf there at your sister's house
And you've still got it in your drawer, even now

"Come on! Hurry up!" you called behind you as you ran towards Eddie's trailer.

The two of you had thought it would be fun to go ice skating on Lover's Lake, but the gentle snowfall soon grew heavier, and the thought of staying outside any longer made you feel like you were going to develop frostbite. Of course you both had the bright idea to walk to the lake, and now had to run back to Eddie's trailer for shelter.

Your lungs burned, and your cheeks and the tip of your nose were going numb, but you couldn't wipe the smile off your face. Though the date hadn't been what you had planned, having to watch Eddie struggle to run in the snow was quite amusing. But you'd be lying if you said you didn't struggle either.

When he finally caught up to you, Eddie unlocked the door and you both pushed inside, feeling the warmth of the trailer against your near frozen skin.

"It's really coming down out there. I'm not sure you'll be able to get home tonight," Eddie said as he peeked through the blinds on the window.

You simply smiled as you pulled your scarf off, tossing it away not noticing nor caring where it went, you could always find it later.

"So, impromptu sleepover?" you asked, giggles breaking in through your words.

Eddie ran over to you and tackled you in a hug, before pressing a kiss to your forehead. You hissed at how cold his lips were, but you didn't pull away.

"I like the way you think! I'll make hot cocoa. Why don't you pick out some movies?"

You nodded, a bright smile ever present on your face, and walked over to the stacks of VHS tapes scattered around the television. Excitedly, you searched through them, finding some of your favorites, and grabbing some of Eddie's too.

Tonight was gonna be amazing.

Oh, your sweet disposition and my wide-eyed gaze
We're singing in the car, getting lost upstate
Autumn leaves falling down like pieces into place
And I can picture it after all these days

"Oh my god, I love this song!" you said as you cranked up the volume on Eddie's car radio.

Eddie's eyes widened as he turned to look at you, feeling a smile begin to grow on his face.

"You like Metallica?" he asked incredulously.

"Yeah! You never shut up about them, so I figured I might as well listen to them. Now I get it though, they're really good!"

"And just when I thought you couldn't get any more perfect!"

You laughed at his statement before turning your attention back to the radio. You didn't know all the words, considering you had only heard the song a few times before. You tried your best to sing along, mumbling whenever you didn't know the words.

Eddie smiled over at you, and soon enough he began singing along with you. Neither of you sounded any good, but you didn't care. It was the most fun you'd had all day, having been stuck in a car heading to who knows where. Eddie said he wanted to go on a road trip without a destination. And while that seemed like a perfectly good way to get lost, you couldn't bring yourself to say no given how excited he was.

When the song finally ended, you didn't want to stop singing along. Eddie knew all the words to the next song, but you, having never heard it before, made up your own words, much to Eddie's amusement.

"Making your own remix I see," he said in between laughs.

"Damn right. It's the new and improved version."