46

Jimin hates waking up in the hospital , the blinding white room and beeping machines make his head ache. His mind is still hazy from the anesthesia. He tries to peak through his eyes but the world suddenly seems too bright to him.

" Jimin ah , you're awake." He hears Yoongi's calling out for him somewhere in the surrounding. The anesthesia hasn't completely worn off yet making him go in and out of consciousness.

" Hyung.." He tries to sit up from the sleeping position but his body suddenly feels too weak to oblige to such a simple command.

" Let me help." Yoongi places his hand on his shoulder , helping him to sit up straight very gently.
Even though it was a light moment , it still leaves him with a vertiginous head. He stays still for a second trying to gain his composure.

" How are you feeling ?" Yoongi gently pats his head , separating out his tangled dark brown locks.
The question finally settles in and his mind automatically takes him to his baby. He hurriedly look down at his stomach , his baby bump is gone. The feeling suddenly sets him on panic.

" Baby ?" He looks at Yoongi waiting for an answer. What if his worst fear really came true ? What if something happened to his baby ? What if -

His thought comes to a halt when he hears the little whimpers. Yoongi gives him a soft smile when he sees Jungkook and Taehyung entering with his baby boy.

Jimin watches it with a halted heartbeat , his hands cover his mouth as he finally sees his baby. The baby that he carried for 9 months inside of him , the baby that made him face all kind of hardships for the past nine months , but in the end it was all worth it.

Taehyung passes the baby into Yoongi's arms his eyes still not being able to leave his enchanting face. Jimin's heart fasten its pace when he saw Yoongi holding their baby. That scene alone is enough to make him tear up from joy. He can't explain what it's doing to his heart.

Yoongi stops beside Jimin , lowering the baby at Jimin's level so he can watch him too.
He carefully passes him into Jimin's arms watching the blissful look expanding on his face.
" It's a boy." He breaks it to Jimin.

Jimin looks at his little boy , the way his hands are tightly clenched and his small feet tries their best to fight to come out of the sheets.
The baby stops making a fuss when he's laid into Jimin's arms. Maybe it's his touch or scent but the baby magically seems to relax in his hold. His eyes closes slowly as he let out small mewls , falling asleep.

He watches over him with the happy tears in his eyes. He can't stop smiling , his heart is overspilling from the love for his little one.
He slides his pinky into his open hand and watches as they curl around it, the baby sleeping on. He feels his soft breath on the back of his hand.

" You did such a good job Jimin. He's perfect." Yoongi presses his lips on the sleeping baby's forhead , the little touch between him and his baby feels spiritual.
He then proceeds to do the same with Jimin. The gesture is full of his love and gratitude towards younger.

" Look , he looks like Yoongi hyung while sleeping." Jungkook points at the baby making the newborn the centre of attraction.
And he wasn't wrong , with his eyes closed and chubby cheeks he looks like a eidetic copy of Yoongi.

" What did you expect he's my baby afterall." Yoongi feels so contented in his life right now.
Jimin looks at Yoongi when he says those words. 'my baby' does this mean he wants to be a part of their family ? Does Yoongi see him as his child too ?

" But his eyes and lips are definitely like Jimin." Taehyung points out. The baby parts his plump lips , nuzzling his head more into Jimin. And Jimin he can't help but snuggle the little being more into himself , his protective side took over him.

" Yeah that's true." Yoongi caresses his little cheeks with his fingers , he looks so fragile in Jimin's hold. So little , so ethereal.

Yoongi has to force Jungkook and Taehyung out of the hospital , the two wanted to play a bit more with the baby. But were forced out by Yoongi after being told that they need to rest.

After sending them away , Yoongi came back to Jimin helping him to lay down on the bed so he can get some rest too.
He takes the seat on a stool next to the hospital bed.

" He's a deep sleeper. Just like you , hyung." Jimin whispers the last line , he slowly pats him. Watching his chest rising up and down in a slow motion. It was just yesterday that he was inside of him and today he's finally sleeping in his arms , the moment he have craved so much for the past months.

" And he's so beautiful. Just like you." Jimin covers his face at that , hearing compliments from Yoongi just make his heart do summersaults.

" I think I'll continue to stay with you for a little while longer." After a long silence , Yoongi finally speak up. They haven't talked about this topic for a long time , always putting it off till the birth of the baby.

And now, that the baby was born Yoongi has no choice but to leave. Afterall that was what they decided themselves. Maybe it'd have been better for him to leave without seeing the baby. Because now... He don't think he would be able to leave him.

" I'll probably leave after 2-3 weeks , once you feel healthy enough to take care of him alone." If you think Yoongi managed to say those words without breaking down just know that inside his heart was shattering.

These words... They are just a bunch of random letter that came together to form a sentence but they have so much power that they can break someone's heart.

" Okay." Honestly , it isn't okay. Nothing is okay. Life without Yoongi will not be okay. Can't they just stay the way they've been living for the past months ? Just him , Yoongi and their baby. Can't they become a happy family ?

At some point in his life Jimin has stopped thinking about having a family of his own. But now that he have Yoongi and his baby by his side , he just want to experience the real meaning behind 'family'. He just want the three of them to be a family too.

" I don't think he'll wake up for another hour or two. You should rest for the time being. If he wakes up I'll take care of him." Yoongi stands up from his seat , draping the blanket over them. He watches Jimin slowly falling asleep next to their baby.

And at that moment he just wish for one thing .... for being able to see this divine view for the rest of his life.