42

Sweet melodious strings of guitar fills up the little house. Yoongi had specially prepared some soothing songs for the baby, playing it on the recorder for 24/7. But the song isn't the only soothing thing.

Yoongi's gentle humming fills up the living room. He leans on his hands , hanging the Happy New Year sign high up on the wall. Jimin finds himself get bewitched by that sweet melody.

Yoongi has yet to notice Jimin's presence in the room. He was too busy decorating the house for today's new year party that he didn't noticed Jimin staring at him.

" It looks beautiful." Yoongi is taken aback by the sudden interruption , falling back by a bit.
Jimin stands at the juncture of his room and the living room. His one hand surrounds his bump and the other placed on his back to provide extra support.

Yoongi automatically smiles once he sees the delighted omega. Rushing to his side, he helps him settle down on the couch. His hand never leaving younger's back.

" You should have rested more. You'll feel tired during the new year countdown." He massages Jimin's back without even bring asked for. Jimin's eyes close in rapture once he finds his soar muscles soothing up.

" I'll be fine. And if I get tired I'll just take a short nap." He places his hand on Yoongi's telling him that it's enough. Yoongi takes the sign , stopping the massage and taking a seat next to him.

" You must have so much work to do. Can I help ?" His lower lip stands out , his lips curving to form a cute pout.
" I'll do everything. You just sit here and relax." Yoongi ruffles his hairs before stepping out to the kitchen.

Jimin pouts even harder at that. Since the nightmare event Yoongi won't even let him do the slightest of work , he can't even drink a glass of water himself without Yoongi looking at him with worried eyes.

The dream must have left a great impression on Yoongi too because whenever Jimin look at him he can see the fear that Yoongi tries to hide behind his smile. And the fear wouldn't fade away before their baby is placed into his arms , healthy and well.

Right now he just feel useless. Yoongi had decided to call Jungkook and Taehyung over for a small New year's party , thinking that it would lift his mood up. But the older is way too defensive of him. And now he can't do anything else but just lay in this couch for the rest of the day.

" Stop pouting baby chick." Yoongi quickly passes by him , dropping a bowl full of fruits at the table.
" Jungkook and Taehyung would be here in an hour." He continues to stick the inflated balloon on the wall. Frowning , when the adjustment doesn't suit his taste.

" At least let me inflate the balloons." Jimin asks while munching on one of the strawberry. He remembers himself hating it for as long as he can remember but now the pregnancy made him eat a dozen of it everyday.

" I'll do it myself chim. You just sit and relax." Yoongi tries to persuade him , Jimin can't help but puff up his cheeks at that. Mimicking Yoongi's word in a way of mocking him.

-

" Yoongi hyung !" Taehyung automatically hugs Yoongi once the door opens , making him stumble back because of the unexpected greeting.
" Hello Yoongi hyung." Jungkook greets from behind , letting Taehyung have his time with the older.

" It feels nice to see you both after a long time. Come inside, please." Yoongi steps aside from the door to let the two guests enter.
" My soulmate !" Taehyung beams from happiness as he runs to Jimin's side , crashing the older in his arms.

Jimin's smile widened on reuniting with his best friend. Even though they text every hour of the day it feels like they've not seen each other for several years.

" Hello baby chim." Taehyung scoops down to greets the baby , peppering the bump with sweet kisses.
" Hello uncle Tae." Jimin replies in a baby voice , giggling because the kisses tickles him.

" They're such a crackheads." Jungkook remarks while watching the scene unfold in front of his eyes. His eyes are fixed on Taehyung and the way his wide smile makes his heart do flips in his chest.
" I know right." Yoongi stares at Jimin with the sand fond look , one that'll never get old with time.

Cuddling on the couch , Taehyung and Jimin reminisces their old times. The house fills from their laughter once they remember a particularly funny moment.

On the other hand , Yoongi and Jungkook are busy in the kitchen. Jungkook helps him in preparing the snacks and in between they are having their professional talks.

" Yeah Sun woo really did that." Jungkook spills out the office gossip that Yoongi has missed during his work from home.
" Damn, I never thought he'd do that." Yoongi gasps on hearing the news.

" By the way , when are you confessing hyung ?" Yoongi quickly runs towards Jungkook's side to sush him down.
" Shh. What if Jimin hears you ?" He presses his finger on younger's mouth , pulling him into a corner.

" Then that would be great. Atleast you won't have to pretend like you don't have feelings for him." Jungkook folds his arms.
" You know kook I can't-"
" Hyung." He cuts Yoongi in the middle of his sentence , placing his hands on the older's shoulder.

" You don't know if Jimin feels the same way or not. You can't give up without even trying first." At this moment it feels like Jungkook is his older brother who's giving him love advice.

" You have the perfect opportunity today. You should do it after the countdown." There's fire in Jungkook's eyes. Once that passes from him to Yoongi.

" Okay." Yoongi feels the courage building inside him. He's ready he can do it. He'll do it.
" I'm so proud of you hyung." Jungkook gave him his bunny smile , his cheeks pulling upwards as he pats Yoongi's back.