ᑕᕼᗩᑭTᗴᖇ 17

"Heeseung is dying..."

Karina's eyes widened at his statement. She wanted to ask more but the vampire in front of her suddenly carried her and the next thing she knew is she's standing in front of a building with him.

"W-where... What just-- Let's go!" He said and led Karina to the rooftop.

She frozed on her spot once she saw Heeseung. Lying pale and unconscious on Jay's arms. Not far from them are Jungwon and Niki who are both crying. Sunoo is also there comforting Niki.

"W-what happened to him?" she asled almost whispering. She suddenly felt weak just by looking at him with eyes closed.

"He's dead..." Jay said with a dimmed expression. His eyes were teary but he's holding back his tears.

"But you can save him..." he said and grabbed the girl's hands placing it on Heeseung's chest.

She felt a tingle on her chest when her hand landed on his chest. She couldn't feel any heartbeat. Though it's warm but like a small and dying fire.

"Putting the witch to sleep weakens him... I remember the last time this happened to him was when we exposed ourselves to you." Jay started explaining.

"Jake and I didn't know he suddenly left. When he came back, he said he went to see you."

"W-what does that mean?" She asked drawing back her hands.

"Heeseung is attracted to you. He told me himself. He said that's why he came to see you. It may sound weird, but just your scent is enough to wake him up."

Karina couldn't process anything Jay said. Is he saying that Heeseung likes her? But why? She's an agent who wanted nothing from him but to turn himself in.

"Please! Do something!" Jungwon cried who was clutching on his knees. Sunghoon approached him and patted his back.

"We can't lose him... Heeseung got us this far. Without him, it will be the end for us too..." Niki said, his head resting on Sunoo's chest.

"The blood we drink can't sustain him anymore. He needs a fresh and human blood. And because he's attracted to you, your blood is the best option he have of survival. Because his mind and body will recognize it." Jay explained and turned to his friend lying dead on his arms.

"How do you know all this?" She asked still hesitant of everything he said.

"I already know this would happen. He told me. And he also told me..." his eyes then turned to the mortal sitting in front of him.

"To not force you... You can just let him die. And sooner or later we will die too without him..."

"Then your mission is finally over. With us dead. There will be no more disappearances."

Even Sunoo couldn't help but cry at Jay's statement. As much as he want Niki to stay with him forever. There is always an end with everything.

They were monsters since before he met Niki or fell for him. They killed more than hundreds of innocent people. And their death is the last punishment they will receive.

Karina stood silent for a while. Waiting for all the information to process in her mind. Thinking of her decision and what will the consequences be.

"He's a vampire. And more than just a killer. And not bringing him back to life will be followed by your deaths! And it's the last thing I wanted to happen... And my mission will come to its end..." she said and tears were forming in her eyes.