Justin POV

My hands trembled.
"Did she say yes?" I asked my mom, who was planning the party.
She shooed me away like a bug. "Hold on,"
"Yes, okay, sounds good, I'll email your manager the details." She hung up.
I had a hopeful face.
"She said yes," she said.
"Yay!" I had a big smile.
"I don't understand why you want Brit to be at your birthday party if you two just broke up."
"Well. We're just friends."
"By the sound of that call, it doesn't seem like you two have ever met."
I smiled. "Mom!"
"I also don't see why you couldn't call her up yourself. You are a grown man, Justin."
"Shut up!" I laughed.
"I know who you likeeee!" My mom teased. She said the same thing when I denied that I liked Britney back when I was 13. It was true, but I didn't want her to know.
"Alright, well I'm going back to my place, love ya sweetie." She blew me a kiss.
"Bye mom."

-sorry skipping time, had no idea how to fill the weeks until his birthday-

The room filled with hundreds of people. It wasn't fun. I was missing something.
Britney.
Forget it Justin. She's just coming to have more excuses and apologize over and over.
She still was the most beautiful person ever.
Why was love so confusing?
My band mates filed into the room. "Happy birthday Justin! It's prank time!" Chris said.
"Whatever!" I play punched him on the arm.
More people I didn't know or care about came. My mom did such a good job at inviting people she wanted at her party to my party.
Old relatives that I barely knew greeted me. Most of them wanted money. Typical family, mooching off of my talent.
Halfway through the party, I gave up hope that Britney was coming. I was disappointed.
"Hey Justin!" Someone yelled. It was Ryan, from MMC. He had started an acting career and I was proud of my best friend.
"Hey what?" I yelled back.
"Sing us a song!"
Uh oh.
"Yeah!" Someone else yelled. "Sing for us, Timberlake!"
Now I had to. Everyone wanted me to.
"If you insist.."
I began This I Promise You, which was the first song that came to mind.
When the visions around you
Bring tears to your eyes
And all that surrounds you
Are secrets and lies
I'll be your strength
I'll be your hope
Keeping your faith that is gone
The one you should call
Was standing here all along.

The moment I began singing, I saw a car pull in.
It was a familiar car.
Britney.
She came in as I was singing.
I blushed and looked away.
My heart pounded.
She motioned me upstairs.
I finished singing after the first verse, so I could go talk to her.
I was so nervous.
What did she want?
And why in private?