Britney POV

I got into the trundle bed while Justin got in the shower. I tried to pretend to be asleep when he came in, but I just couldn't keep my eyes closed.
"Sup," he said. I heard him laugh.
"What's so funny?"
He sat down on the bed I was in.
"Well I didn't know you were staying in my room tonight."
"You heard your mom. She invited me over. I didn't necessarily want to." I managed to play things cool, when in reality, I was drowning in sweat from being nervous.
"I'm glad that you came."
"I mean I'm glad that I'm here with you."
"Mind if I lay here?"
"No, but your mom might."
He laid down on the bed with me. "Relax, I'm not gonna do anything."
"What do you mean by anything?"
His gorgeous blue eyes met mine. "Kiss you. Again."
"Darn it, I was counting on that." I joked.
He seemed to stay serious. His face was firm. I swear he was a different person on stage than he was in real life.
"Did you like it when I put my arm around you today, you know during the goodbye song?"

"Yes, why you ask?"
I gulped.

"I don't know. It took me a lot of courage to do that though."
"But everyone does it to everyone. I would understand if you had to stand next to some other girl." I lied. It would break me inside to see him hugging someone else.

"Yeah, but you're different. You're the girl I like. I don't like anyone but you. You DID have me thinking you liked TJ there for a moment, though."

"Why would you think I liked TJ, of all people?"
"Well you seemed kinda clingy on that first day of auditions." He added.
"I tried to hang around him for moral support. At first I didn't even know the guy. So I just hung around him for a while before I got to know you, so he would be my backup."
"Your BACKUP?"
"No, Justin Timberlake, calm down. Not a back up plan in case you didn't like me, my backup to cover me when I was too nervous to say anything." I remarked.
"Ok ok, Britney. I get it, you don't like TJ. You've made your point."
"You were the one who brought him up in the first place."
"Yeah, you're right. Besides, we like each other now."
"That took you a long time to discover that." I joked.
"I want to kiss you but this is too awkward."
"It's like when we have those dance routines where TJ makes a weird voice cracking noise and you try to hold in your laughter." I added.

It would sound like a llama coughing up a hair ball, which pretty much made all of us choke from laughter.

"Brit, I'm serious. And stop with the TJ stuff. That's my thing.
"We're 11 turning 12 soon and we already kissed." I stated.
"So?" He asked.
"Ok do it then Justin TimberRiver."
"Ok Britney Swords,I'll kiss you."
Before I could recount how cheesy that was, he kissed me quickly upon my face again.

I fell asleep with the same thought spinning in my head, "He likes me."