Justin POV

I picked up the ring box and opened it. Surprisingly, it wasn't broken.
I buried it in my sock drawer.
Even though I told Britney to leave, I didn't mean it.
She was in her room packing up stuff. I almost tried to stop her, and it took all my willpower to resist talking to her.
Britney cheated on me.
This time for real.
Why did it have to happen right when I was going to propose? Why?
I sat in my room and sulked.
Why me? Why me? Why me?
I looked up at the calendar. I flipped to the back with the month of December.
December 2- babe's birthday.
I crossed it out and wrote "bitch's birthday." I was hurt. She did it with TJ of all people?
What was the motive?
My birthday was January 31st. That was in two months. Perfect time to break up with your first love.
I heard the door open. She was gone for good now.
At that point, I totally regretted being harsh and telling her I had a ring. I was still very angry about the cheating though.
An hour passed after I continued a long train of thought.
I urged to call her. I picked up the phone and dialed her number that I knew by heart.
She picked up on the first ring. Typical.
"He-Hello?" She said. "Who is this?"
"Wow, Britney. Don't play dumb ass with me."
"Look, if you're going to hammer me down again, at least let me finish telling you sorry! I'm tired of speaking to such a rude douchebag! I never want to hear your voice again!"
"You blew it again."
"Blew what?"
"Maybe I was going to give you a second chance."
"Babe. I'm sorry. I didn't mean-" I hung up.
I was sick of her lies.
Which reminded me of why I broke up with her in the first place.
Yet, I didn't want to admit to myself that I really wasn't mad at her. I was hurt. I was let down.
Then I had a perfect idea!
I could invite her to my birthday party in a few months, which will give us time to collect our thoughts.
Them I would tell her I wanted to be just friends.
But I wouldn't plan on telling her I was still head over heels in love with her.