Britney POV

I awoke with pain in my chest, but I felt way better than before.
"Where's Justin?"
"Oh there you are, sleepy head." My doctor came into the dim room. He carried a clipboard that he was holding to himself which made him look like he was hiding something.
"Where's Justin?" I asked again. I knew for sure he had been here, I felt his presence almost among everyone even in this lonely hospital.
"Justin. Yeah. About him." The doctor's smile faded.
"What about Justin? I KNOW he's here. He's the only person I want to see."
"You see, Britney, your heart wasn't fully functional and couldn't last an hour without life support. We had to get an immediate donor. That donor was generous enough to give up his life, well, he's not entirely dead yet, but it's Justin."
No.

No!
"NO, HE'S ALIVE! HE'S ALIVE!" Tears burst out of my eyes. I shook my doctor as I screamed. He peeled my hands off of him and attempted to calm me down. This isn't happening!

"He did leave you something, though."

The doctor handed me a large envelope. I opened it up slowly.
A letter was in there, along with a small bag with something in it.
I opened the letter.

Dear Brit-
Babe, I'm sorry it had to end this way. I care too much about you to ever even let you suffer. I was mad for too long about the TJ thing. I realized that I was wise when I said that night when I saw you kiss TJ, about how everyone deserves forgiveness. I was too angry to realize that I truly love you. And I will always love you. There's a bag in the envelope that I want you to open... There's a surprise inside. Please don't be sad, just remember how much I love you and I forgive you for what you've done, and I will always be with you even after I die. You look so beautiful right now. I'll kiss you before I go off to surgery. Love you, Britney Jean Spears. Never forget that.
-Justin

I began sobbing even more than before. I reached for the bag and I could immediately smell Justin's cologne. It was saddening but beautiful. There was a ring box in the bag and another note. The ring box had the ring Justin was going to give me.
I opened the note.

Hey Britney!
I'm about to tell you I like you, I sure hope you like me back.
I decided I'd write a note so I can show it to you if we ever get married so we can have a nice memory. I hope you want to be my girlfriend too, I mean, that would be pretty nice.
Your friend,
Justin Timberlake :)

I cried even harder. He'd saved it all these years.
"Doctor, what did you mean he was partially dead?"
"He's on life support, so you can say your final goodbyes."
I ran out before he could change his mind.