P R O T E C T I V E

“Then let them see us”
______________

Diana July Laurier

“You can break my heart as long as you want, I don't care”

Axel's deep lust filled voice rang in my ear, making me clutch my book against my chest tighter, my eyes glued to the cold cement walls as I continue walking, passing by the empty hallway. The events of the past flooded my mind with such disturbing thoughts, I became a part of the tournament and not to mention—I had sex with my bestfriend, Axel, without any feelings for him. God I'm so messed up however, I didn't regret any of it, it was beautiful.

And even if I did thought of Draco Malfoy when Axel banged me, I'm glad it was my bestfriend who took my virginity, not some Casanova, not some womanizer but from a boy who really like me. I couldn't help but wonder, why does he like me? I already told him that I might break his heart unintentionally however, he didn't seem to be bothered by it.

The intense sex didn't jeopardize my friendship with Axel which is surprising because during that heated time, I was almost a hundred percent sure that he was going to regret it, but he didn't. He didn't regret any of it, in fact, he smiled at me, and told me that I was a “good girl” then we laughed it off after.

I wanted to ask him why he's fine about me not liking him back, I know it hurts, I know what it feels like when the person you like didn't have the same feelings. Malfoy didn't like me, he loathed me, while he had eyes all over Astoria and that fucking hurts. So I wonder why Axel was fine with this, he's too pure and he really needs to find a girl that can love him back.

Because that can't be me.

I sighed then tuck some hairs behind my ear, my eyes still fixed at the ground while I continue to amble in the hallways, then my Mind drifted to the obnoxious person I shouldn't even be thinking again—Malfoy.

That day when Axel carried me and we pass by him, I saw something flash in his eyes but it was so quick, faster than lightning, his grey eyes softened and become bigger when he saw me, and I swear to Merlin I saw worry and concern, or is it just me? God I'm probably over thinking about it, maybe he was just sad that I was saved, afterall Axel did told me that Malfoy wanted me dead.

Him and Astoria has been getting a lot closer lately, and it pains me. Whenever he kiss her in front of everyone he would look at me and smirk as if he knows that I fancy him, that I really like him. They're probably a couple now. Pucey was done with Greengrass, rumors spread around that there was some spicy drama going on between Adrian and Astoria which caused their breakup but I didn't care and so I didn't bother asking what really happened.

I sighed once again. I should really be done with liking Malfoy, he's not good for me and he will treat me like a trash, I mean he already treats me like a trash so why the fuck do I still like him? I shook my head—it's probably the accent or his smirk.

Yeah, could be.

Merlin I should probaby stop thinking about him, I have examinations tomorrow I should study even though I already know I'm going to Master it, I just need to get rid of Malfoy on my mind.

That disgusting blonde ferret he even said that it was unfortunate if I was save, well, fuck him, If he was deep down in the Black Lake I bet no one would save him either arrogant git. So fucking manipulative does he think he owns the whole damn sch—