I N T E N T I O N S

"Astoria broke up with Pucey"

____________

Day of the Yule Ball

"Do you think, I look great?" Clarette asked me, she was twirling her beautiful white lacy gown that hugged her curvaceous body in front of the tall mirror.

I walked up behind her and fixed her hair, putting it on one side. "You're absolutely gorgeous, Clarette. I bet Nott wouldn't be able to take his eyes off of you"

She smiled widely, a pink blush forming in her cheeks then she went to her dresser and grabbed her wand.

It was my turn to stare at myself in front of the mirror. I smiled, but my smile soon disappear. The dress looks amazing, in fact, I bet it's the most pulchritudious dress tonight. Of course it is, My mother specifically send it to me, she earned enough money to buy me a dress from France.

It was a light Blue long Sleeve Lace Dress with a high split. It was handmade and embroidered with crystals, plus it made with tulle fabric. It was eye-catching, definitely expensive however... Looking at myself in the mirror, I don't feel so confident.

The dress was amazing, on the other hand, the girl wearing it is not. I look — ugly, like real ugly. My hair is tied in a messy up-do, showing my creamy skin however, I couldn't help but feel insecure. I can point out my flaws just looking directly at the mirror; I have pores, I don't have a high cheek bone, and I just look really off.

Then I thought about my date, Draco Malfoy. I know he's going to look extremely classy and handsome tonigh, now I kind of regret accepting his invitation because then, I would look like his fucking maid. What am I going to do with myself? I flicked my wand, arranging my makeup.

With a swish and a bit of a flick, I now have mascara, highlights and lip gloss on. Still, I was disappointed with the way I look. I sighed out loud and it seems like it caught Clarette's attention.

"Diana, are you alright?" Her head whipped at my direction, I gave her a nod but it doesn't seem like she believed it.

"What's the matter girlfriend?" she walked towards me and cupped my face, moving it to the side so I'd be staring at her.

I frowned "I just hope I look as good as you" then I faintly smiled.

She let out a disbelief scoff "Are you blind?!"

I gave her a confused look, my frown dissipated and I was now looking at her with perplexed. "Rude" I answered.

She yanked her hands off my face then went behind me in the mirror, she grasped my shoulders tightly then spoke behind me. "Do you see yourself?"

"yes I d-

"Then why would you even wish you look like me? I mean look at you! You're the baddest bitch and the smartest one so act like it!" she encouraged me. My lips curved slightly in a smile.

She always know how to boost my confidence.

"If I were you, I don't think I will have any insecurities if I'm being honest" she said, she took a deep breath then continued "You're even more beautiful than Astoria and you can't see it"