H I S V A L O R

“The Battle of Hogwarts: II”

She watch as the dark forces announce their winnings. Each and one of them held such blood curling grins, one that could send your hair rising, one that could send shivers down your spine, and one that could make your toes curl.

And one that could definitely make you lose all hope for victory.

Then she looked at Hagrid, she held onto Blaise and Axel tighter as she scan the body Hagrid's carrying. Harry was really dead, it was really the end. They had won. The darkness had won over the light.

She wished she could have said something, tell Harry that she's sorry for siding with Draco before he died. But her heart was foolish, why did she think Draco will stay with her to the good side? Slytherins value loyalty, leadership and ambition. Of course, their loyalty remains with their family despite all the wrong beliefs wired onto them.

And that's what exactly Draco did.

Her chest tightened as if she's having cardiac arrest, it was hard to gulp whenever her eyes lay onto her lover or perhaps, ex-lover  who's cowering in his spot in between his mother and father. His bravery withered.

There was so much more to him, so much more to unravel and find out.

How did he went from this. Diana never wanted to be a legilimens this bad before. To get a peek of his true self and mind, she wanted to know what he was thinking ― she thought she can read through him  ― but it seems like she was wrong all this time. No she can't read him. He's been a closed book as he was before.

How nerving.

He was willing to be on their side, him being a deatheater, she didn't even know what mission Voldemort gave him for all she knew that Dumbledore was killed because the deatheaters  that came in the ca―

She held back a gasp.

A sudden realization drawn upon her.

Everything had hit her like like a truck at maximum speed. She wondered how the deatheaters were able to get inside the castle and kill Dumbledore, when the whole Hogwarts was sealed, shielded, and apparitions cannot be used. It was safe but how ―

She looked down on her ruined shoes and her eyes widened, she gulped. The dots finally connected, how slow can she be? She was a bloody Ravenclaw and she's only figuring this out now?! She'd read tons about a Vanishing Cabinet on books and their usage ― Draco was mending a cabinet, he never told any kind of cabinet but she knows it was definitely  the Vanishing Cabinet, his tired expressions and exhausted looks explains it.

She helped him by giving him a list of mending spells.

That was probably it.

The reason why the deatheaters were able to sneak inside and kill Dumbledore was because she'd unknowingly helped Draco Malfoy with his mission.

Harmonia Nectere Passus. She knew it was the charm to fix the vanishing cabinet, and she had written in on roll of a parchment along with other mending charms and spells.

She vividly remembered, after she and Draco had spend the entire day in her dorm sleeping after his quidditch match ― the parchment was gone.