T O K E N O F L O V E

Write me this summer, will you?
―――

“You're telling me- Malfoy actually never told anything to Umbridge?” Neville exclaimed, eyes shifting between Diana and Ginny as if saying, what the bloody hell.

Diana smiled widely and rested her head onto Clarette's shoulder, eyes on Neville. “He never did, I'm telling you”

She glanced around the compartment train, she didn't know how all five of them managed to cramped inside the small close spaced. Diana and Luna's head are resting on either shoulder of Clarette, Ginny and Neville sat across from them, backs leaned against the couch of the compartment.

“That is so, Un-Malfoy of him” Ginny mused, as if it was unbelievable, well it is umbelievable that he never told Umbdrige they hexed the Inquisitorial Squad to escape.

“I heard he threatened the rest of the Inquisitorial Squad not to say a word” Clarette spoke, eyes meeting with Ginny and Neville.

Luna lifted her head from the blonde hair's shoulder and queried softly, “I think he only did that for one particular reason”

Ginny scoffed before taking out a piece of wrapped toffee from her pocket and tossing it in her mouth, she tauntingly eyed Diana and leered in between chews, “or for one particular person, right Ms.- Laurier- or should I say- Mrs. Malfoy?”

Diana jerked her head from Clarette's shoulder and rolled her eyes at Ginny, she didn't exactly know how or when her relationship with Ginny and Neville grew but she's not complaining, they were an extra sunlight to her life, all thanks to Luna who conjoined the two friend groups.

“I think that nosy git has got a soft spot for you, Diana” Neville gave her a cheeky smile, his elbows pressed against each of his knees.

“You don't know that” Diana finally responded to all their taunts, earning small chortles from them. “He was just being ― nice, human decency that's all”

Clarette put swung her leg on top of Diana's and jokingly made a statement “I didn't know getting really possessive over someone is called human dencency” then she whip her head to Luna's direction, “Did you?”

Luna shook her head and beamed, “No, I didn't know. Not at all” causing Ginny and Neville to laugh.

Diana pushed Clarette's leg from on top of hers and glared at her before turning to look at Ginny, “Change of subject did you really saw You-Know-Who when you went to the Ministry?”

The compartment had gone silent, as if someone had casted the silencing charm on all of them. They shot  uncomfortable glances to one another and Diana wondered was their encounter with the dark lord was indeed skin crawling.

The air became cold.

Clarette cleared her throat and couragely spoke, but eyes down at her lap. “We caught a glimpse of him, after the order saved us from Lucius, Bellatrix and just a couple of deatheaters ― he doesn't have a nose”

Diana didn't mean to laugh but she can't help it, a small sneer left her mouth and she found herself slapping a hand over it to prevent herself from laughing, alas, the unintentional cackles escaped her lips.

The idea of the dark lord ― probably greatest dark wizard of all time, doesn't have a nose makes her burst out a guffaw. Soon enough the ice melted and everyone broke out in a fit of laughter, tears brimming in Diana and Clarette's eyes while Neville and Ginny are smacking each other while laughing. Luna is simply grinning widely.