M I N I S T R Y L E T T E R

Draco Lucius Malfoy

I flutter my eyelids open as I heard some hooting and what seemed like someone hitting the glass wall of our room. My gaze met the black ceiling, then I felt a weight next to me, I turned my head to the side and saw the most beautiful view.

Diana was still peacefully sleeping in her pillow, the sheets were up on her waist, she had her back facing me however I remembered vividly how we slept last night. She was hugging me so tightly, kissing my dark mark all while she kept on telling me how much she loves me until I fell asleep.

It was the happiest night of my life without a doubt.

She was oddly affectionate, really really really affectionate. However, I don't mind, I love it when she's a bit clingy, atleast I know she really loves me.

I scooted closer to her until my torso's pressed against her back. I wrap my arms protectively around her waist, inhaling in her intoxicating scent that makes me addicted to her.

Blue Morning Glories, Parchment and now, a new added scent, Tea Tree. She must be using my body scrub.

Her hair sprawled around the sheets and it smelled so nicely, it was incredibly soft too. I'd never get tired of her, never get tired of waking up every morning beside her.

I nuzzled my head on her shoulder then whispered in her earlobe “I could stay like this forever” Although I know she can't hear me, I just wanted to talk to her. Sleeping with her and waking up next to her feels absolutely surreal, like a lucid dream, but it wasn't. It was all real, she was ―

Those same hootings errupted once again, putting an end to my thoughts. I groaned lowly as I remove my arms from Diana and sat right up, snapping my head at the glass wall that lead to our balcony.

A sharp brawny auburn feathered owl was holding a parchment coloured letter in its beak, it was sitting on top of one of the metal deck board with its wings flapped and stretched out ― looking so unpatient and quite... Intimidating for a birdie.

I sigh rather loudly, blasted, that bloody animal is what woke me up from my slumber. Fucking disturbance, can't I get any privacy in my darn house? Even an animal wants to disrupt my glory, Merlin.

I crawled until I reached the edge of the bed then I stood up, searching for my navy jumper that I had previously discarded before I went to bed with Diana.

Hawbeit, I couldn't find it, maybe it scattered beneath the sheets, afterall, Diana's a messy sleeper.

I shifted my eyes at the owl through the glass wall, and glared at it. The owl bobbed his head to the side before hooting again more louder and sharper, so I made my way towards it while muttering profanities under my breath.

Sometimes, I just want to runaway from the wizarding world and to the muggle world so no one can disturb me and my darling. It continued to hoot and howl that I almost want to kill it.

Can't it wait? All it does is hoot around like your nosey neighbors.

As I slide the glass door open, the owl immediately jumped from the deck board and flew towards me, dropping the letter in my hands, then just as the letter had dropped down my palm the bloody bird tried to bit my thumb however I manage to dodge its beak, cussing while I did. After that it soared away under turrets of greyish clouds before eyeing me with disdain.