C L A S S E S

Diana July Laurier

I stood next to Clarette with my book clutched against my chest just like the others. Professor Slughorn ― our newest Potions Master had different sizes and types of cauldrons along with large jars and vials in his desk, he was teaching us the significance learning potions and such.

I didn't need to listen due to the fact that I already know and mastered the basics of potion making. Professor Slughorn seems to be a mirthful teacher, his smile never left his face ever since he entered the room.

The class is a mixture of students from different houses who took advance potions. On Clarette's right is Granger, Lavender, Katie Bell and Neville whereas on my left is Pansy, Romilda Vane, Draco and his clique.

Absently, I yawned and Immediately covered my mouth with my hand knowing that it was disrespectful.

Clarette knudge me in the waist causing me to whip my head to her direction. She leaned in on my ear and whispered,

“Where were you yesterday? I've been looking everywhere for you. You missed dinner, we had roast beef - your favorite” She hissed lowly..

“Me and Luna went back to check on the train, she insisted” I reasoned, my gaze is fixated to Professor Slughorn but my focus is on Clarette.

“Oh, I know. She came to dinner and said you left with Malfoy” I looked at Clarette and she gave me a scornful look. I figured I need to tell her where I had been yesterday because if not, she will definitely force me out of it.

She shook her head and pulled away from my ear, standing straight. I clutched my book bag tighter and sigh, then I glance at Draco who's at the side, standing a few meters away from me with Pansy and Romilda Vane in between. He was staring at the ground rather than actually listen to the lesson,

He's probably pondering, but I wonder what he's thinking about. He's a lot harder to read recently, and he seems to take less interests in bullying other students like he used to.

The door behind Professor Slughorn flew open, causing all of us to turn our heads at that direction. Came in, Harry and Ronald with relaxed expression across their faces.

Professor Slughorn's attention shifted to them and I took the opportunity to leaned in on Clarette's ear and whisper “I was at the viaduct bridge with Draco and we missed the dinner”

“What were you doing in the bridge at night time with Malfoy?” her brows knit in puzzlement and she shot me a disapproving face.

“He was a bit grumpy because he saw me with Harry on the herd, Luna and I saw him with his invisibility cloak on the train and so we came to the platform and rode the carriages with him” I answered, her lips pressed in a thin line and she grabbed my arm to pull me even more closer to her.

“That didn't answer my question” she retaliated.

I groaned then glance at Professor Slughorn - he had his back facing us, given that he's talking to Ron and making him introduce himself.

“Alright fine, we had a heart to heart conversations and a few smooches along the way” Heat rushed to my cheeks as I said those words whereas Clarette grinned widely ― almost mockingly.