B R O O M S T I C K

That wasn't an insult, it was a fact

Diana July Laurier
_____________

Lazily roaming around the hallways, Diana didn't know what to do anymore. She had a free period, the whole afternoon. However, Clarette had Potions and she knew her bestfriend wasn't going to skip it, they never skipped classes, Luna on the other hand has Care for Magical Creatures, leaving Diana all alone, bored, without nothing to do.

Perhaps this was one of the things when being a smart ass kid, when you've done everything, you've got nothing to do.

With just her wand, she swish it around, lifting small rocks in the air that happen to be inside of the castle, down on the ground. She stopped in her tracks and continued bouncing the rock up and down in the air with the use of her wand.

Smiling to herself, she now wonder what she can do for the rest of the day. She could study, however, what to study? It seems like she already read half the book inside the library. Plus, she already mastered her studies for their upcoming examinations, nothing hard, it was the usual thing she does.

She could join the rest of the Ravenclaw students in the common room, who also have a free time, she wouldn't have a hard time fitting in, considering she held such a great reputation, still... She doesn't want to. All they ever talk about was how stress they are in their academics and Diana didn't want that.

Maybe.... Quidditch? She thought.

Although Quidditch is now canceled due to the upcoming first task of the triwizard tournament, it was the only option she had. Flying in the pitch is strictly forbidden, but, no one would know, she'll be alone, so it's probably safe to fly there.

Yes, that's the perfect idea. Diana thought.

She wasn't going to play quidditch exactly, she isn't part of the team and besides, there might not be anyone in the Quidditch pitch given that they have classes but It is the perfect time to sneak in there and just have fun, flying in the skies with her broomstick.

She flicked her wand and the rocks dropped down onto the ground, emitting a thud sound. She hastily went to her common room, and when she got near the door portrait, a group of older Ravenclaw boys had already guessed the riddle right, they were about to shut the door close when Diana yelled.

“Wait! Hold it open!”

All of them turn their heads around and one of them, who's holding the door, pushed it wider for her to enter. The boy seemed familiar, Diana thought when she finally entered the common room.

“Thanks” she smiled.

“Anytime, Laurier” The boy cheekily shot a smile back. Before she could even pass by them, that same boy, placed a hand on her shoulder making her stop in her tracks.

“I was just... Wondering–” He nervously started. The boys behind him were all giving each other suspicious and taunting glanced as if they knew what he was about to say.

Diana July Laurier

I saw the book this boy is clutching on his hand and I saw his name written across the binder in a beautiful cursive. Axel Wembley.

My eyebrows rose when I realized it was the popular Axel Wembley. 6th Year. Ravenclaw's quidditch captain. Quite popular to other houses as well, high marks and well.... Pureblood.

My eyes landed back to his dark brown eyes and he was nervously smiling at me “I was wondering if you want to, watch the first task with... Me” He stated.