Part 1

It was July 23 at 9:45pm. I was picking up extra ER hours and it happened to fall on a night shift. Dr. Webber always treats me as one of his grandkids because of my mom. I was catching up on some paper work when my dad walked up to me. "Hey sweetheart!" He said as a small gesture. We never really get time to talk at work because he is always in a surgery. "Hey dad!" I said finishing the paper work. "Is mom watching Zola?" I asked because if we are all on a night shift I have to check up on her. "No she is on a night shift as well." He said with a sigh almost. "Okay I can go check up on her now." I said while walking off. "Thank you sweetheart!" Dad said.

———————————————————————-

When I made my way up to the daycare George was already there. "Hey Georgie!" I said. "Oh hey Y/N!" He said turning to look at me. "Whatcha doin at the daycare?" We both asked at the same time causing us to laugh. "I finished most of my paper work so I came down to the daycare to spend some time with my baby sister." I said making funny faces at Zola. I spent a few minutes with Zola then me and George had to go back to the ER. "Whatcha got Kepner?" I asked going into trauma room 1. "Holy crap!" I said looking at the guy who had a knife in his head. "Someone page Dr. Shepherd!" I said rushing over to assist Jackson Avery. My dad came in and started his exam. "Can I get a head CT?" He said rushing around. A few minutes later the CT came in. "Y/N come look at this!" Dr. Shepherd said amazed. I looked at the CT. "How did he get a knife stuck in his head and is not going to have any permanent damage?!" I said amazed. "I've never seen anything like it." He said. Avery had his back turned. When he turned around again he noticed that the knife was not in his head anymore. "SHEPHERDS!" Avery said through the window. We both looked up to see that the knife was not in his head but in his hand. Dr. Shepherd went in so fast he was like the flash. "How?!" My dad said confused. "He took the knife out and did not stab himself again?!" He said a bit calmer. We got the patient cleaned up and my shift finished.

———————————————————————-

I made my way up to the daycare to get Zola and take her home. My shift ended before my parents' did. "Alright Zola! Time to go home!" I said while picking her up. I was walking to the parking lot but I ran into my mom. "Hey mom!" I said. "Hey Y/N!" She said tired. "I'm taking Zola home until I have to come back. Would you like me to leave her with George or take her to the daycare?" I asked. "George has a day off so ask him if he can watch her please." She said. She looked really tired. "Okay I'll see you when I get home!" I said continuing to walk back to the parking lot. I put Zola in her car seat and started the drive home.