7 7 * the bravery of marlene mckinnon and the wedding of tuney dursley

BONNIE AND SIRIUS relayed the information Narcissa Malfoy had divulged into during their meeting. He nodded; then, he proceeded to say he would not change out the watches over Malfoy and Black Manor. Bonnie's eyes narrowed, wondering exactly what the hell the old wizard was playing at.

"There is great knowledge in knowing future endeavors, Bonnie, Sirius, and now, our members will be dutifully prepared," Dumbledore said calmly, "this does not mean we will not perform our work. We do not know for certain if Narcissa is on our side, as you said, because she is doing what she is doing to protect her future family. If something happens to that future, I have no doubts she will leave us as the kids say, in the dust. We must be vigilant in our efforts."

Bonnie heard nothing but a bunch of bollocks.

So, Bonnie made sure each of her friends and other Order members knew to be looking out for trouble.

And trouble did come.

Bonnie, James, Marlene, Dorcas, and Ted were watching Malfoy Manor that night. Gideon was going back and forth between Manors. Bonnie took the place of Lily, knowing if something did happen, they would not act favorably toward the Muggle-born. Ted, however, refused to let someone take his place.

James sighed from his spot behind the bush. He had his cloak in hand, just in case they needed to hide quickly. Only two or three could fit, but he eyed Bonnie's figure almost the whole night. He had to make sure she was all right.

Bonnie thought that, perhaps, Narcissa was wrong. Perhaps, they had no clue the Order was outside the Manor. Perhaps, the night would not end the way she thought.

It was past eight thirty. At nine, the group would swap with the overnight witches and wizards, hoping to catch something. James's ear twitched when he heard a twig snap. His stag hearing allowed him to hear at far distances, after all.

"Bonnie, Marls, come here," he demanded, worries filling his tone.

Marlene rolled her eyes and nudged Bonnie with a grin, "Mr. Stag thinks he can protect us both if something were to go wrong. Like anything would. I bet they have no clue we've been watching them for weeks," she finished smugly.

"Oh, dearie. We've been watching you all the same," a voice snickered.

The three Gryffindors turned sharply, seeing Rodolphus holding Ted by his neck with his wand pointed at them. Dorcas was held by Rabastan, the Lestrange brothers grinning madly.

"Now," Rabastan sniggered again, "drop your wands or pretty girl gets it." He kissed Dorcas's cheek.

James was about to retort something awful when apparition was heard. Saint Gideon wasted no time in shooting a spell at Rabastan's back, causing him to drop Dorcas to the ground.

Rodolphus growled a string of curse words before pressing his wand to his forearm, sending signal to his friends. Bonnie shot a spell at Rodolphus when he shot one toward her.

"We only want the Miller girl," Rodolphus shouted to smoke of black appearing around them. "Kill the rest!"

A cackle was heard, Bellatrix taking form to shoot a spell at Gideon. Gideon was too quick. Bonnie and James stood back to back, fighting Malfoy and Nott. James grinned and yelled, "Nice one, Bon!" when Nott fell to the ground unconscious.

Marlene held her own as she protected a bleeding Dorcas, looking all too powerful as she shouted spells to try and get Ted released. Ted worked on his own, knocking his head back into Rodolphus's head. A sickening crack was heard as Ted fell to ground. A jet of light flew over his head at his the Death Eater instead. He grinned wickedly.