4 9 * the whole group finds out and bonnie receives the stone

"AS MUCH AS I would love to expel each and every one of you, that is not in my power," Professor McGonagall stated with narrowed eyes as she stood next to Professor Dumbledore. "That was completely reckless, going after that beast alone!"

Sirius held Bonnie close, running a hand up and down her arms. He noticed James holding Lily in a similar manner, and Remus holding Bonnie and Lily's hands while rubbing circles on it.

"To be fair, Professor, you did hear that I was possessed, right?" Lily asked, her voice quiet in the large room.

Professor McGonagall's eyes softened at Lily. "Yes, Miss Evans. I heard. I'm speaking more to the idiot men holding you both so tightly. I mean, how idiotic could you three get! Going after them alone! And Black! You had no idea about any of this! How'd you find out!?"

Sirius sighed. "Remus and James woke me up. I saw them come from the girls' dorm, both looking for Lily and Bonnie when they didn't return to the common room. I saw Bonnie's journal, which was wide open on the page about the Chamber. Professor, if I hadn't shown up—"

"We'd be dead," Remus declared strongly. "Sirius saved our arses, and yes, it was stupid, but we did come to Professor Dumbledore's office first, James and I. He was not here. We took Fawkes in case—"

"Which was very smart of you to do so," Professor Dumbledore stated just as a timid knock was heard on the door. "Come in."

Marlene, Mary, Alice, and Peter stood there, eyes wide as Marlene held Bonnie's journal and Peter held the map, stuffing it into his pocket when he saw both professors.

"Oh, shit," Bonnie groaned out.

A few hours later, all nine Gryffindors were in the Hospital Wing. Sirius refused to leave Bonnie's side, her hands shaking as everyone seemed unable to look away from her. Sirius kept his hands on hers, rubbing circles. No one had said a word to since they've left Dumbledore's office. Everyone was too in shock.

Bonnie's eyes drifted to Lily's bed where she was staring at the ceiling. James was in the bed next to her, eyes moving from Bonnie to Lily, making sure they were really okay.

Remus sat in a chair, an ice pack on a bruise on his forehead being held by Marlene. Mary, Alice, and Peter sat on a bed next to Bonnie, eyes never leaving Bonnie's face.

"I'm sorry I've kept it a secret for so long," Bonnie whispered, Sirius moving to grab the ice pack that Bonnie held on her own head. He held it in place with a soft smile, trying to keep her from getting too upset.

"Don't be," Alice reassured. "It's not something you can just slip it into an everyday conversation."

Bonnie let out a choked laugh. "Yeah," she whispered.

Marlene kept her gaze on Remus as she held the ice pack, but she spoke to Bonnie. "What I don't understand is why this all has to rest on your shoulders? Why not tell us earlier? Why did it have to be a secret—"

"Ow, Marls," Remus said.

"Sorry!" Marlene squealed, releasing some pressure. Remus looked at her with a faint smile, which she blushed a bit.

Bonnie gulped. "It was Dumbledore's choice to keep it a secret last year. When he noticed I was becoming too overwhelmed, he told me I could tell someone. Initially, I was going to tell Remus or Lily due to their calmness... but I ended up telling James—"

"The night he kissed you!" Sirius exclaimed, recognition surfacing.

"WHAT!?" was heard from every mouth.

James snorted. "Thanks, Pads."

"It wasn't a romantic kiss! It was to calm me down before I had another bloody anxiety attack... his talking wasn't doing well," Bonnie said with laughter before frowning again. "Anyway, once you all broke me from Miller Manor, Dumbledore told Remus and Lily for me. He wanted to tell you, Sirius, but you were too distracted and distraught over my wellbeing... he didn't feel it was the time. I don't know. Coming to terms with seeing you all die was not something I wanted to share with you all... Coming back in time in order to be your only chance of being saved... it's just a lot to deal with."