5 2 * being his everything and the most beautiful marauder

SIRIUS WALKED UP to Bonnie with a grin on his lips. She was speaking to a very equally drunk Remus about something the wolf was only nodding along to. He sniggered when he saw Remus trip while standing up straight. Wrapping his arms around Bonnie's waist, he placed a sloppy kiss on her cheek.

"Can I steal my girlfriend, Moony?" Remus nodded enthusiastically before he walked away. Bonnie turned, smiling slightly at Sirius. "You've been avoiding me, sweetheart," he said knowingly, watching her face freeze up in an awkward smile.

"Have I?" she replied in a very high pitched voice. "I don't think avoiding is the right word, Siri. I mean, we're at a party. I've got people to see and things to do... ha," she trailed off when Sirius gave her a deadpanned look. "Okay, I'm sorry!"

Sirius snorted, moving to place another kiss on Bonnie's cheek when she froze up again. "It's him, isn't it?" Sirius whispered as Bonnie gently pushed off his hands. "He's in your head every time I try to touch you now."

Bonnie didn't answer for a few moments.

Sirius sighed, extending his hand to Bonnie. Bonnie stared at it as her eyes welled up with tears. She grabbed it hesitantly, allowing Sirius to pull Bonnie from the Ravenclaw common room. Bonnie's eyes widened when they passed Marlene snogging Remus, James and Peter cheering and whooping enthusiastically. Sirius smirked over to his best mate and gave him a thumbs-up as Remus's eyes widened at the onslaught of Marlene.

As Sirius held Bonnie's hand gently, he led his girlfriend to the Astronomy Tower. He smiled at her again when they reached the Tower because she was slowly tightening her hand around his. He took her drink from her hand and placed it on the ground, wrapping his arms around her waist as they swayed.

"What're you doing, Sirius?" Bonnie whispered, trying to back away.

"Dancing with the most beautiful woman, what else?" he said with a smirk before it fell slightly. "Sweetheart, I don't want you to be afraid of me. I'm not him."

Bonnie sighed, allowing Sirius to pull her closer. "I know you're not, trust me. You are the farthest person from him. It's just... you know I hate talking about my past life, but he got away with a lot more then. I didn't fight him because I was so fucking weak... but I did kill him, eventually. I don't know. It's just... having to go through that twice in my life? And my family was not big Voldemort supporters—openly at least. This is different, and it's terrifying to know he can spark that fear with just a look. I don't want to think of him, and I surely don't want to be afraid of you—"

"I have a question," he asked lightly, "about your past life if you'll answer."

Bonnie nodded to encourage him to go on.

He placed a soft kiss on her cheek. "None of us knew about him, about what he did?" She shook her head. "Figures. I just want you to know that we do know what he has done. And to hear it has been done in this life and the past... it's heartbreaking, sweetheart. But you have to remember that we know. We know, and between James and myself, he won't touch you anymore. I won't allow it."

Bonnie leaned her head on Sirius's shoulder. He leaned his head on hers. "Bonnie?"

"I love you," she choked out. "I hate that I can't be what you want—"

"Hold up, what the bloody hell are you talking about?" Sirius asked, pulling away to look her in her gorgeous eyes. "You're everything that I want, Bonnie. Everything."

Bonnie felt a tear leave her eye, but Sirius was already there wiping it away. He cupped her cheeks, lowering his head. "Can I kiss you? You can tell me no, Bon. You can take as long as you want."