4 0 * secrets and sleepovers

"SO WHAT ARE you going to do?" Marlene asked cautiously. "Mrs. Potter won't let you leave her home until your seventeen."

"I mean she turns seventeen on Christmas Eve," Mary reminded them.

Bonnie grinned despite her sad feelings. "I won't leave the Potters. I have nowhere to go right now. Besides, I'll just avoid him as much as possible."

Lily smiled, looking out the window of the train. "I would like to be invited to the festivities that is Bonnie's seventeenth birthday this year, Marlene!"

Marlene beamed. "Oh, yes! I have it all planned out. I have to make sure Mrs. Potter is okay with it, but James is sure she will."

Bonnie eyed her friends warily. "What festivities?" The girls didn't answer. "Oh, no. Why am I nervous?"

"You get nervous over everything," Mary reminded her.

Bonnie shrugged, going back to her drawing of the Chamber of Secrets opening. She drew the sink up close, putting too much detail on the snake itself. Marlene spoke, but Bonnie focused on her drawing and thoughts.

While she drew, she suddenly remembered the vial in her bag. "Shoot!" She exclaimed, digging for it.

"What is it?" Mary asked.

Bonnie cursed herself for making a scene about it, knowing none of the girls knew of Remus's monthly. "Er... it's a medicine for Remus. He normally gets a cold during the holidays..." she trailed off. Marlene and Mary went back to their conversation, not worried about what she said, but Lily didn't buy it. She eyed the vial as Bonnie shoved it into her pocket. "I'll be back."

"Would you rather one of us bring it?" Mary asked, noticing Bonnie's hesitation.

"No," Bonnie said quickly. "Thanks."

She opened the compartment to see the trolley lady walking by. She smiled softly at the old woman before moving past her to go in the direction of the Marauders' compartment. She clutched the vial in her pocket when she passed Snape and Avery, speaking in hushed whispers in their compartment. Regulus was in there, smiling when they locked eyes. Before she could give a proper smile back, Avery sneered and slammed the compartment shut.

Bonnie finally made it to the Marauders' compartment, knocking lightly on the window. All four boys smiled brightly at her, but Bonnie only gave a small one in return. James opened the door, gesturing for her to come in.

Bonnie didn't get a chance to even speak before James pulled her in the spot next to him. He smirked. "What can we do for you, dearest Bon-bon? Or did you just miss us?"

"I come bearing Mr. Moony a gift," Bonnie replied in a fake posh accent.

James grinned further as he gasped dramatically. "Nothing for me? How dare you!"

Bonnie rolled her eyes with a chuckle as she pulled out the vial. Remus gave her a relieved look. "You thought I forgot, didn't you?" she teased.

"I don't ever ask for it, Bonnie, you know that," Remus said. "I am always grateful when you do make it, however."

Bonnie smiled softly. "It's no problem," she said, noticing Peter holding a notepad. "What are you lot doing?"

Peter's eyes widened, the notepad flying behind his back with a scared laugh. "What?"

Bonnie narrowed her eyes, her gaze moving to Sirius who was giving Peter a death glare. "Sirius, what is going on?"

Sirius blanched because she hadn't said a word to him since he ran from her.